Careers & Internships
Employment within the OHSU office of Technology Transfer & Business Development (TTBD)
Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is a nationally-renowned health and research university. Not only is OHSU Oregon's only academic health center, but it's also Portland's largest employer. The TTBD office manages and assesses the commercial potential of research and innovative ideas to bring research from the laboratory to the marketplace for public benefit. Our staff members are the most important asset in our pursuit to provide exceptional research and community service. Team members enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, as well as a challenging and dynamic work environment. To search for career opportunities within OHSU or TTBD please go to: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/services/human-resources/
TTBD has the current openings:
Internship Opportunities at TTBD
- TTBD's year-long unpaid internship program starts at the beginning of the academic school year. Interns are expected to volunteer 8 –10 hours per week in the TTBD office. Interns will have the opportunity to take a limited amount of time off during the course of the internship.
- The program has three tracks: technology transfer, business development, and patent. TTBD interns will be generally exposed to all three areas, but will focus on a single track.
- Regardless of the track, each internship begins with an instruction phase that covers essential topics related to technology transfer, business development, and intellectual property. Interns also receive training on using the tools and systems that they will utilize during the subsequent project phase.
- During the project phase, interns are assigned a project (or multiple projects) and work closely with a mentor from the TTBD staff until completion. They also complete evaluations on newly disclosed OHSU technologies. Internships conclude with interns presenting their project(s) to TTBD staff and other stakeholders.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in a life science, a physical science, and/or engineering.
- Be pursuing or have received a graduate-level degree in science, medicine, engineering, business, or law.
- Have an interest in intellectual property, technology transfer, and/or business development as a career goal.
Questions? Please contact Nicole Garrison, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.