Jobs & Internships
TTBD Job and Internship Opportunities
TTBD Job Opportunities
There are no current job opportunities in Technology Transfer and Business Development.
TTBD Internship Opportunities: General Information
Internships are available to undergraduate students and graduate-level students with undergraduate degrees in science, engineering or information science. Other degrees or specializations may qualify at the discretion of the office. TTBD interns provide a valuable service by assisting with technology development and transition from laboratory to market for the benefit of the public.
- Time commitment of 8-25 hours, 2 to 3 days per a week is desired
- Minimum length of service 3 months, 6 months preferred.
- Internships will be project-based with project mentors assigned from TTBD staff.
- Academic credit can be arranged- program dependent. Internships are unpaid.
Current Internship Opportunities
The Office of Technology Transfer and Business Development is currently full but is considering applications for the spring:
- Technology Transfer Interns
Please see the following descriptions for more information.
Technology Transfer Internship
To qualify, you must be a current undergraduate or a graduate student in the area of business, science, engineering, or information science.
The Office of Technology Transfer and Business Development at Oregon Health & Science University is seeking a student intern to provide support in the research commercialization and analysis of OHSU's technologies and scientific strengths. It is important that the candidate possess intermediate-to-high level knowledge of life sciences and business. The internship will contribute to the individual's understanding of technology transfer, business operations, project management, intellectual property management, and overall research commercialization strategies.
Duties will include: assisting with the development of materials and/or events related to OHSU's technologies and strengths in scientific research; conducting extensive, science-related, internet and market research; and assisting with other activities as required.
· Coursework in life sciences
· Completed, or near completion, of a degree in business, life sciences, or related discipline
· Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
· Professional communication, both written and verbal
· Professional appearance and demeanor
· Ability to work independently, cooperatively, and productively in a team environment
· Detail oriented and a fast learner; capable of working independently and meeting deadlines
· Skilled in internet research, compiling information in a meaningful and efficient manner
and experience conducting literature searches
Basic knowledge of the research project lifecycle
Interest and/or knowledge of business development, technology transfer, and/or intellectual property management
Business Development Internship
There are no current Business Development internship opportunities at this time.
If interested in the internship program, please contact Erin Hendricks in the Office of Technology Transfer and Business Development at email@example.com. Please send a complete resume in your initial email.