The Multiscale Microscopy Core (MMC) at OHSU is a state-of-the-art electron microscopy core that provides services to both OHSU and non-academic customers. See our services
Welcome to the MMC
The Multiscale Microscopy Core (MMC) at OHSU is a state-of-the-art electron microscopy core that provides services to both OHSU and non-academic customers.
Visit the MMC Services page for details and pricing
Download a PDF describing MMC Resources
Electron Microscopy Suite
All academic and commercial users are welcome to utilize the MMC microscopes. Imaging services, technical support and training are provided. We offer multiple levels of service that correspond with the analysis and/or training each user desires. Training on the instruments will be provided for individuals who anticipate having long-term EM projects.
- FEI Titan Krios™ Cryo-Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM)
- Outfitted with a FEI Falcon™ II 16 Megapixel Direct Electron Detector with Back-Thinned Sensor Technology and multi-frame readout capabilities.
- FEI Helios Nanolab™ 660 DualBeam™ Scanning Electron Microscope (FIB/SEM)
- FEI Tecnai™ with iCorr™ (Integrated Light and Transmission Electron Microscope (iCorr)
- Equipped with an Eagle™ 4 Megapixel high DQE and fast multi-port read-out speed TEM CCD multiscan camera, and a MegaView G2 high speed 1.3 Megapixel side-mounted TEM CCD camera system.
- FEI T12 Tecnai™ T12 Spirit
- FEI Vitrobot
- Gatan Cryoplunge
- Pelco EasiGlow 91000 Glow Discharge Cleaning System
- Leica ACE600 Coater
- Hummer X Metal Coater
- Leica Critical Point Dryer CPD300
- UC7 Ultramicrotome
- Cryo-Ultramicrotome (Leica EM FC7)
- High-Pressure Freezer (Wohlwend Compact 01)
- Freeze Substitution & Low Temperature Embedding System (Leica EM AFS2)