2017 Summer Internship Program Details
Summer Student Research Awards are three-month paid summer internships designed to introduce undergraduate students to biomedical and occupational health research. To be eligible for an Institute-funded award, students must be Oregon residents or attend college in Oregon. Students at all undergraduate levels may apply.
2017 Poster Session
Our 2017 student interns presented their findings in a scientific poster session on August 9 among OHSU faculty and staff, and families and friends. We congratulate them on their fine work! Here is a recap of their projects:
Oskar Linde, Portland State University, Stephen Lloyd Lab - Development of fluorescent chimeric DNA repair enzymes for detection of DNA damage.
Lydia Lutsyshyna, Reed College, Matt Buter Lab - The Development Consequences of Mis-timed Feedings.
- Jessica Nguyen, Portland State University, Leslie Hammer Lab - Role Ambiguity and Job Satisfaction Among Forest Service Employees: Moderating Effects of General Support.
- Molly Herinckx, Oregon State University, Mitch Turker Lab - Measuring Cytogenetic Aberrations Induced by Simulated Galactic Cosmic Rays.
- Gregory Heinonen, Oregon State University, David Hurtado Lab - Lacking Co-Worker Support for Safe Patient Handling May Contribute to High Rates of Turnover in Nursing Staff: An Exploratory Analysis.
- Randall Olson, Univ. of Portland, Miranda Lim Lab - Decreased Motor Function in a Combined Mouse Model of TBI and PTSD.
- Sydney O'Neill, Portland State University, Brad Wipfli Lab - Evaluating Pedal Stand Measurement and Intervention Methods.
- Ali Noel Gunesch, Brown University, Charles Allen Lab - Cannabinoids and the Circadian Clock.
- Izzy Fawson, Lewis and Clark College, Doris Kretzschmar Lab - Homozygous hTau Mutants Cause loss of function in Drosophila.
- Sharanya Pradeep, Portland State University, OHWC Outreach Core - Disseminating Toolkits from the Oregon Healthy Workforce Center.
- Jonathan Sisley, Oregon State University, Ryan Olson Lab - Sleep Device and Fatigue Evaluation for Team Truck Drivers.
- Payton Bushaw, University of Portland, Suzanne Mitchell Lab - Comparing Measures of Delay Discounting in Rats.
- Meera Bhide, Cornell University, Steven Shea Lab - Cannabis Use and Sleep: An Online Survey.
- Austen Suits, University of Washington, Peter Spencer Lab - Magpi© Software for Data Collection on Sleep Deprivation from Multiple Populations Simultaneously: Comparing the Pacific Northwest to Uganda.
- Natashia Andrews, Oregon State University, Amanda McCullough Lab - DNA Repair Enzyme Reduces Risk of Cancerous Mutations in Melanocyte Cell Lines.
- Teala Alvord, Portland State University, Ryan Olson Lab - COMPASS Intervention Adaptation for Personal Support Workers.