For Study Coordinators
Education & Training Opportunities
Date: September 24 & 25, 2014
This two-day workshop is designed to provide a basic framework of the role and responsibilities of the research coordinator, the regulatory and policy requirements for appropriate conduct of clinical research at OHSU, and tools to assist coordinators to successfully perform their role. This workshop is open to all OHSU employees.
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) offer a series of classes for OHSU Study Coordinators. The classes are designed to provide study coordinators with working knowledge of OHSU research policies and operations. The goal is to further the development of highly skilled study coordinators at OHSU. Registration is open to all OHSU employees currently working as research coordinators, although previous completion of OCTRI's Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop is highly encouraged.
- Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol
- Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent
- Essential Regulatory and Source Documents
- Demystifying Clinical Research Audits
This network provides opportunities to meet and network with other Study Coordinators. To find out when the next meeting is and learn more click here.SoCRA Clinical Research Certification Exam
The date the SoCRA exam will be held on September 5, 2014 at OHSU. http://www.socra.org/html/certific.htm#Examination_Schedule Facilitated by Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI). Applicants must be current SoCRA members, have two or more years of experience in clinical research, and meet all of the eligibility requirements in order to register for the exam. Please contact Darlene Kitterman for questions.
SoCRA Study Group
If you are interested in joining a SoCRA Study Group please contact Carrie Farrar from the OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Network at email@example.com or 503-494-4233. This is a great way to meet other coordinators and prepare for the exam!
Grant Writing Workshop
Write Winning Grants: A seminar for clinician scientistDate: November 14, 2014. OCTRI sponsors a grant writing seminar for clinicians and scientists who want to improve their skills in obtaining research grant funding. The seminar is open to all, including OHSU faculty and staff as well as researchers from other academic, hospital, research, and community organizations.
To see more details and get registration form:
- OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Required Training Checklist List of required training for study coordinators and clinical research coordinators at OHSU
- Required OHSU Healthsystem Trainings Required training for research staff working in the OHSU healthsystem
- Recruitment Tools for Clinical Researchers
- Research Administration Training & Education (RATE)
- RAIN: Research Administration Information Network
- HIPAA Training Required of all OHSU employees prior to employment
- Responsible Conduct of Research Education Required for all personnel involved in the design or conduct of research
- ORIO CoIR and RCR Training Compliance Records Web access to the status of CoIR Disclosure and RCR training status of OHSU personnel
- Environmental Health and Safety Training
External Clinical Research Education Links
Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty A free collection of advice, experiences and opinions from seasoned biomedical investigators and other professionals has been published by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute as a practical guide for postdocs and new faculty.
Portland VA Medical Center Education for the Protection of Human Research Participants Required for all personnel involved with VA human subjects research projects.