For Study Coordinators
The Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) is sponsoring the next Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop and the next installment of the Study Coordinator Training series. Please see details below. For questions, please contact Bridget Adams.
Study Coordinator Trainings and Education:
- Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop
- Study Coordinator Training Series - Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent
- Study Coordinator Training Series - Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol
- Study Coordinator Training Series - Essential Regulatory and Source Documents
- SoCRA Exam at OHSU
Dates: September 25-26, 2018 and December 5-6, 2018
This two-day workshop is designed to provide a basic framework of the role and responsibilities of the research coordinator, the regulatory and policy requirements for appropriate conduct of clinical research at OHSU, and tools to assist coordinators to successfully perform their role.
View the most recent agenda: May 2017
View previous presentations.
- This workshop is open to all OHSU and VA employees. Space is limited and registration is REQUIRED to attend. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis by emailing Bridget Adams
- Continuing 13 Nursing Education Credits will be available for the classes at a cost of $12.50. Please note if you will be obtaining CEUs when you register and bring a check with you to the workshop.
Study Coordinator Training SeriesThe OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) offer a series of classes for OHSU Study Coordinators. The classes are designed to provide study coordinators with working knowledge of OHSU research policies and operations. The goal is to further the development of highly skilled study coordinators at OHSU.
- 4 hour workshop designed to provide guidance and practical tips including:
- How to pull information from the protocol when writing the consent document
- Choosing appropriate liability language, consent templates and HIPAA forms
- How to obtain informed consents from a variety of study subjects (decisional impaired adults, child assents, adults with limited English proficiency)
- Assessing subject understanding of informed consent
- View the previous Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent presentation here.
- 4 hour workshop designed to provide an in-depth discussion of the role the study coordinator plays in analyzing and implementing a research protocol at OHSU and includes:
- How to identify key information in a research protocol
- How to identify safety procedures and distinguish standard of care from research
- How to address logistical concerns (location, personnel, OHSU research forms)
- Epic and research records
- View the previous Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol presentation here.
- 4 hour long workshop designed to instruct study coordinators on the essential documentation needed for your regulatory and subject files and includes:
- What information is needed in your regulatory files
- How to adequately record study data/adequate case histories
- when to use "Notes to File"
- Epic and research records
- View the previous Essential Regulatory and Source Documents presentation here.
- Classes are open to all OHSU employees currently working as Research Coordinators. Previous completion of the Clinical Research Coordinator Workshop (see above) is highly encouraged.
- Workshops are limited to approximately 30-35 students and will be offered on a rotating basis. Registration is first come, first serve and is through OHSU Compass.
- 4 Nursing Continuing Education Credits will be available for the classes. The fee is $12.50, made payable to School of Nursing.
Facilitated by Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI). Applicants must be a current SoCRA member or have two or more years of experience in clinical research and meet all of the eligibility requirements in order to register for the exam. You must register through SoCRA; see additional application and fee information.
SoCRA Exam Study Group
Interested in joining a SoCRA Study Group? Please contact Carrie Farrar from the OCTRI Study Coordinator Unit or 503-494-4233 to connect with other coordinators taking the exam this year. This is a great way to meet new people and prepare for the test!