For Study Coordinators
Education & Training Opportunities
Date: September 23 & 24, 2015
This two-day workshop is designed to provide a basic framework of the role and responsibilities of the research coordinator, the regulatory and policy requirements for appropriate conduct of clinical research at OHSU, and tools to assist coordinators to successfully perform their role. This workshop is open to all OHSU employees.
The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI) offer a series of classes for OHSU Study Coordinators. The classes are designed to provide study coordinators with working knowledge of OHSU research policies and operations. The goal is to further the development of highly skilled study coordinators at OHSU. Registration is open to all OHSU employees currently working as research coordinators, although previous completion of OCTRI's Quarterly Clinical Research Coordinator Training Workshop is highly encouraged.
- Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol
- Writing and Obtaining Informed Consent
- Essential Regulatory and Source Documents
SoCRA Clinical Research Certification Exam
The 2015 SoCRA exam held at OHSU will be November 9th.
Time: 8am to 12noon
Location: Mac Hall 1162
Facilitated by Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI). Applicants must be current SoCRA member or have two or more years of experience in clinical research and meet all of the eligibility requirements in order to register for the exam. Please contact Kimberly Poole for questions.
If you are interested in joining a SoCRA Study Group please contact Carrie Farrar from the OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Network at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-494-4233. This is a great way to meet other coordinators and prepare for the exam!
Clinical Research Coordinator Network
This network provides opportunities to meet and network with other Study Coordinators. To find out when the next meeting is and learn more click here.
- OHSU Clinical Research Coordinator Required Training Checklist of required training for study coordinators and clinical research coordinators at OHSU
- Required OHSU Healthsystem Trainings Required training for research staff working in the OHSU healthsystem
- Recruitment Tools for Clinical Researchers
- Research Administration Training & Education (RATE)