Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program
The Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program was established by the Oregon Legislature to provide loan repayment to primary care clinicians who serve Medicaid patients in underserved areas of Oregon to ensure an adequate supply of providers. Further details and information about service requirements can be found in the Oregon Administrative Rule 409-037.
Candidate Application Process
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and awards are made on a quarterly basis. The upcoming award dates and application deadlines are as follows:
- December 1, 2014; applications are due November 3rd, 2014
- March 2, 2015; applications are due February 2, 2015
- June 1, 2015; applications are due May 1, 2015
- September 1, 2015; applications are due August 1, 2015
- December 1, 2015; applications are due November 2, 2015
Candidate Eligibility Checklist
Are you practicing primary care in one of the following disciplines?
- Expanded Practice Dental Hygienist
- Physician (MD or DO)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Marriage or Family Therapist
Will you be licensed and practicing in Oregon at a qualified site within 4 months of application to this program? Qualified practice sites are:
- Rural hospitals
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Federally Certified Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
- Sites providing primary care services in a HPSA
- Other sites providing primary care to an underserved population as determined by the Oregon Health Authority
Are you committed to serving Medicaid patients up to 15% of your patient mix?
- Yes, you are eligible to apply to the program
- No, you are not eligible to apply to the program
Are you currently practicing at a qualifying practice site and have you been employed there less than 24 months, or do you have an employment contract with a qualifying practice site to begin practice within the next 4 months?
- Yes, you are eligible to apply to the program.
- No. If you've been practicing at your site for longer than 24 months at the time of application, you're not eligible for this program, but you may be eligible for the Oregon SLRP Program.
For more information and answers to specific questions that you may have, please see our list of general FAQs. For answers to any questions you may have to regarding awards through this program, please see our list of Award FAQs. If you have any questions you don’t see listed, please contact Hilary Henderson, Loans Programs Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.