OHSU Doernbecher is recognized as one of America's leading Children's Hospitals
Thank you for entrusting your child's care with us.
From the Ordinary to the Extraordinary
OHSU Doernbecher offers the region’s broadest range of pediatric treatments – to more children in more places than any other hospital in Oregon or Southwest Washington.
• Providing the greatest number of children’s specialists working together in one location
• Offering the newest and most advanced treatments because Doernbecher is part of OHSU, Oregon’s only academic health center
• Partnering with providers to deliver care to children from every county in Oregon
Education and Training
Educating pediatric specialists throughout the region
• More than half of Oregon’s practicing pediatricians were trained at Doernbecher
• Doernbecher offers the only pediatric residency program in Oregon – and each year more than 600 medical students from around the country vie for the program’s 16 spots
• More than a quarter of all physicians in the U.S. pursuing pediatrics apply to Doernbecher each year as interns and residents
• Doernbecher provides a wide range of professional development
Finding cures and treatments, changing the face of pediatric medical science
• Involved in more than 80 active pediatric clinical trials and databases – more than all other Oregon hospitals combined
• Part of OHSU, a nationally ranked research institution where more than 4,000 research studies are currently under way
• Testing the newest potential cancer therapies as one of only 21 National Cancer Institute-designated pediatric Phase 1 cancer centers in the nation; world’s first hospital to test the effectiveness of Gleevec, the revolutionary cancer pill* on kids
• Breakthrough research in the genetic and cellular causes of childhood diseases
Doernbecher experts collaborate to improve the health of children
• Doernbecher experts travel the region to provide specialty care at more than 150 outreach clinics in 13 locations so kids can receive care in their own communities
• The Pediatric and Neonatal Doernbecher Transport (PANDA) team responds to emergencies throughout the state, making more than 800 trips each year
• Doernbecher’s telemedicine network includes sites in Eugene, Medford, Roseburg, Silverton, Astoria, Coos Bay and McMinnville – allowing Doernbecher specialists to partner with regional providers via state-of-the-art technology
OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital
Because every child deserves the best.