Make an Appointment
Please call your doctor's office or the clinic as far ahead as possible when you make an appointment. This makes it easier for us to find a convenient time for you. To find a clinic phone number, use our Find a Doctor tool to search for doctors by specialty.
Be sure to register after you make your first appointment. Registration helps each clinic correctly identify you and your medical information. When you register, we ask you for certain basic information such as your name, address and insurance information. This helps us create your medical record.
If your insurance plan only allows you to see certain healthcare providers or go to certain clinics, please contact your insurance company to be sure they approve the healthcare you are requesting. This will help you avoid unexpected fees.
Checklist of information you will need when making an appointment
Clinics need information to identify you, to locate your medical record and to reserve the appropriate amount of time for your appointment. We will ask you for the following information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth or Social Security number (this helps us make sure your medical information is not confused with someone who has a similar name)
- Reason for the appointment (be as specific as possible so that we can reserve the right amount of time for your visit)
Whether you want a particular doctor or healthcare provider or the first available appointment
Canceling an appointment
If you cannot keep your appointment, please call us as soon as possible or no later than the day before. We realize that sometimes emergencies come up and your plans may change. However, giving us as much notice as possible helps us better serve you and our other patients. When you call, we will help you reschedule for another day and time.
Preparing for your appointment
Although we will make most of the preparations for your appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- Insurance/Medicaid/Medicare card: Please bring your insurance, Medicaid or Medicare card with you to your appointments. We will verify your coverage so we can process your bill correctly.
- Co-payment or prepayment: If your health plan has a copayment or you have a pre-payment requirement, please bring your payment with you. We accept cash, personal checks, VISA debit cards, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA.
- Medications list: Please bring a list of your current prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
- Medical records and X-rays: If you are being referred to an OHSU specialist from a non-OHSU clinic or doctor, please arrange for them to send your medical records and appropriate X-rays to us. For additional information, call Medical Correspondence at 503 494-8521.
- Notes about your health concerns: You might find it helpful to write a few notes about your symptoms and any other health concerns