"Bursar" is a Latin term unique to higher education meaning
"an official who has charge of funds" or "the keeper of the purse."
The Bursar Department's primary focus is CUSTOMER SERVICE and FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY.
We strive to:
- Create a positive work environment that encourages productivity, quality and service.
- Make customer service a top priority in all interactions including, treating all customers with efficiency and respect.
- Deliver accurate and timely financial information.
- Provide convenient services to the OHSU community.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all Bursar operations, as well as, familiarity with how those operations are integrated into the OHSU community as a whole.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements of the State and Federal systems and policies and procedures of the university.
- Maintain educational, training and growth opportunities for staff.
- Operate daily from a clear set of priorities that resolve issues and lead us into the future.