Medical Physics Graduate Program
OHSU's Department of Radiation Medicine/Division of Medical Physics and Oregon State University’s Department of Nuclear Engineering & Radiation Health Physics, jointly administers the Oregon Medical Physics Program (OMPP).
At this time, degrees in medical health physics and therapeutic medical physics tracks are offered. The OMPP may eventually offer diagnostic and nuclear medicine medical physics tracks.
Medical health physicists are typically concerned with limiting the radiation doses to medical workers, patients, and the general population. They ensure the hospital is compliant with federal, state, and internal regulations.
Therapeutic medical physicists work closely with physicians and other staff to customize each patient’s radiation treatment to deliver the radiation where it is needed and limit the dose to normal tissues. They carry out routine quality assurance of the medical accelerators and radiation sources used to deliver the radiation treatment. Medical physicists are also responsible for bringing new technologies and treatment devices into clinical use; and at university medically centers, assist in developing new technologies.
Through the partnership agreement Oregon State handles applications and administration of degrees. For more information on admissions criteria, research, and program cost please visit the Oregon State Department of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Health Physics.
The Medical Physics program has 3 new graduate students this year.
Standing in back from left to right: Michael Butkus, Joshua Mathews, Celeste Leary.
Graduate Students Ph.D.
|Graduate Students M.S.
- Medical Physics Faculty Give 2 Oral Presentations at the 56th Annual Meeting
- Alex Egan Defends his Doctoral Thesis
- Wolfram Laub, PhD, MBA Invited to Present in Buenos Aires
- Wolfram Laub, PhD, MBA Gives QA Seminar
- Ian Gordon, MS, visiting faculty scholar, gives presentation on Proton Therapy
- Wolfram Laub will present at the 2014 AAPM Southwest Chapter Spring Meeting
- Joint OSU/OHSU Graduate Program in Medical Physics has received CAMPEP re-accreditation thru 2015
- Dr. Wolfram Laub's Radiation Health Physics (RHP 507) seminar delivered December 5th at Oregon State University.
- 7th Annual Rubinstein Radiation Medicine Research Retreat
- 2013-2014 Graduate Student Handbook – Oregon State Dept. of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Health Physics
- Current Tuition and Fees for Oregon State Professional Programs
- OHSU Radiation Medicine Visiting Faculty Lectures
Links of Interest
- Junan Zhang, PhD gives oral presentation at the 2016 AAPM meeting
- Alex Egan wins 1st place for the Young Investigator's Abstract Presentation
- Nancy Wang, PhD presented on "From Imaging to Radiation Therapy"
- OHSU Medical Physics Residency Program Receives CAMPEP Accreditation
- OHSU medical physics investigators participated in the 2014 Northwest American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) Fall Meeting
- Radiation Medicine Celebrates Resident Graduation and Department Awards
- Alison Arnold Gives Her Masters Degree Thesis Defense
- 56th Annual Meeting of ASTRO 2014 OHSU Radiation Medicine Presentations