Medical Physics Graduate Program
OHSU's Department of Radiation Medicine/Division of Medical Physics and Oregon State University’s Department of Nuclear Engineering & Radiation Health Physics, jointly administers the Oregon Medical Physics Program (OMPP).
At this time, degrees in medical health physics and therapeutic medical physics tracks are offered. The OMPP may eventually offer diagnostic and nuclear medicine medical physics tracks.
Medical health physicists are typically concerned with limiting the radiation doses to medical workers, patients, and the general population. They ensure the hospital is compliant with federal, state, and internal regulations.
Therapeutic medical physicists work closely with physicians and other staff to customize each patient’s radiation treatment to deliver the radiation where it is needed and limit the dose to normal tissues. They carry out routine quality assurance of the medical accelerators and radiation sources used to deliver the radiation treatment. Medical physicists are also responsible for bringing new technologies and treatment devices into clinical use; and at university medically centers, assist in developing new technologies.
Through the partnership agreement Oregon State handles applications and administration of degrees. For more information on admissions criteria, research, and program cost please visit the Oregon State Department of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Health Physics.
Stephanie Junell, Ph.D.
Graduate Students Ph.D.
|Graduate Students M.S.
- Wolfram Laub will present at the 2014 AAPM Southwest Chapter Spring Meeting
- Joint OSU/OHSU Graduate Program in Medical Physics has received CAMPEP re-accreditation thru 2015
- Dr. Wolfram Laub's Radiation Health Physics (RHP 507) seminar delivered December 5th at Oregon State University.
- 7th Annual Rubinstein Radiation Medicine Research Retreat
- 2013-2014 Graduate Student Handbook – Oregon State Dept. of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Health Physics
- Current Tuition and Fees for Oregon State Professional Programs
- OHSU Radiation Medicine Visiting Faculty Lectures