News and Events
Dr. Jacoby to lead Department of Medicine
OHSU School of Medicine Dean Sharon Anderson announced that David Jacoby, M.D., will serve as interim chair of the Department of Medicine, effective August 1. He will also retain his role as division head of pulmonary and critical care.
Dr. Nonas promoted to Associate Professor
Dr. Stephanie Nonas was promoted to Associate Professor of Medicine during the 2017 Promotion and Tenure review. Dr. Nonas also serves as the Director of the Medical ICU, Medical Director of Respiratory Care, and Associate Director of ECLS/ECMO Extracorporeal Life Support.
PCCM Welcomes New Faculty
We are pleased to announce PCCM's newest faculty member Dr. Kelly Vranas. Kelly joins the faculty, as of July 1, 2017, after recently graduating from the Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program. Learn more about her here!
Staff Awards - 2017 OHSU Department of Medicine Banquet
At the end of every academic year, the OHSU Department of Medicine holds a banquet for faulty and staff across the department. At this year's dinner, PCCM took home a host of awards, including:
- House Staff Teaching Awards: Tony Adams, Parshawn Lahiji, Srini Mukundan, Ran Ran, Peter Jackson, Greg Ranches
- Junior Faculty Teaching Awards: Katie Artis, Brian Jones
- Senior Faculty Teaching Award: Jeff Gold
- Chief Resident's Award: Stephanie Nonas
2017 American Thoracic Society Conference
PCCM faculty and fellows recently attended the 2017 ATS Conference in Washington DC - 5 days filled with poster presentations, symposiums, and seminars - many of which were presented by PCCM faculty and fellows. The Division ended the conference receiving numerous awards, including:
- Dr. Elly Karamooz was named a Rising Star Researcher by the MTPI Assembly.
- Drs. Emily Jonas & Ben Arthurs each received an ATS Travel Award from the CC Assembly for their Abstracts
- Dr. Ran Ran received 2nd place for his video for Best Audio-Visual Learning Activity
- OHSU received the ATS Innovations in Fellowship Education Award - check out the report here - page 8!