Ilya Ivlev is a National Library of Medicine post-doctoral fellow in the Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology at OHSU. He completed his medical degree at the Siberian State Medical University (M.D. 2003-2009). He holds a Ph.D. in Biomedical and Clinical Technology from the Czech Technical University in Prague (2009-2014). He is an active permanent member of review committees in peer-reviewed journals, professional healthcare related international associations, and task force groups. Dr. Ivlev is a leading author of articles in highest ranked peer-reviewed scientific journals in 'Operations Research & Management Science' and 'Economics, Econometrics and Finance', and co-author of 3 books dealing with decision-making in healthcare and medical technologies assessment and management.
M.B.I. Biomedical Informatics, Oregon Health &Science University, USA 2017
Ph.D. Biomedical and Clinical Technology, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic 2014
M.D. Siberian State Medical University, Russia 2009
2016 Invited for presentation as both a top ranked oral presentation and as part of the Lee B. Lusted Award finalists at the 38th Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making SMDM, Vancouver BC, Canada.
2013 World Health Organization (WHO): My initiative regarding Creation of a Decision-Support System for Medical Technology at the 2nd WHO: Global Forum on Medical Devices was elected as one of the "most important actions" and later recommended by WHO for implementation in developing countries.
2010 Awarded Grand Prize for "Best Research" at 4th International Young Biomedical Engineers and Researchers Conference (YBERC), Kosice, Slovak Republic
2016–Present: NLM Postdoctoral Fellowship Biomedical Informatics Department of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health &Science University, Portland, U.S.
2014–Present: Assistant Professor Department of Biomedical Technology, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
2012–2014: Junior Professor Department of Biomedical Technology, Czech Technical University in Prague
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
1. Ivlev I, Hickman EN, McDonagh MS, Eden KB. Use of patient decision aids increased younger women's reluctance to begin screening mammography: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Gen Intern Med. 2017 Jul;32(7):803-812. doi: 10.1007/s11606-017-4027-9. Epub 2017 Mar 13. PubMed PMID: 28289963;PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5481237.
2. Ivlev I, Vacek J, Kneppo P. Multi-criteria decision analysis for supporting the selection of medical devices under uncertainty. European Journal of Operational Research. 2015 November;247(1):216-228.
3. Ivlev I, Bartak M, Kneppo P. Ivlev I, Kneppo P, Bartak M. Multicriteria decision analysis: a multifaceted approach to medical equipment management. Technological and Economic Development of Economy. 2014 October 03;20(3):576-589.
4. Ivlev I, Kneppo P, Barták M. Method for selecting expert groups and determining the importance of experts' judgments for the purpose of managerial decision-making tasks in health system. E&M Economics and Management. 2015;18(2):57-72.
5. Kneppo P, Ivlev I, Jurickova I. Health technology assessment for medical devices. 1st ed. Germany, Saarbrücken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing;2014. 172p.
6. Kneppo P, Rogalewicz V, Ivlev I, Jurickova I, Donin G. Assessment of medical devices. 2nd ed. Borovsky J, Mayer M, editors. Czech Republic, Prague: Czech Technology - CTU publishing;2014. 140p.
7. Ivlev I. Study of the interaction of ligands with adenosine receptors in silico. Germany, Saarbrücken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing;2012. 93p.
8. Ivlev I, Mishra M, Jerabkova S, Eden KB. Utilization of Patient Decision Aids Reduced Men's Intention to Undertake Prostate-Specific Antigen Based Screening: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. 39th Annual North American Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making; 2017 October;Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
9. Ivlev I, Eden KB, Reid E, Hansen-Karr C, Saxton L, et al. Experience of Patient, Caregiver, and Patient Advocate Reviewers with PCORI's New Peer Review Process. 39th Annual North American Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making; 2017 October;Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
10. Ivlev I, Hickman EN, Eden KB. Women's change in decisional outcomes after using breast cancer screening patient decision aids: a systematic review. 9th International Shared Decision Making Conference; 2017 July;Lyon, France.
11. Turner E, Alavi S, Cipriani A, Furukawa T, Ivlev I, et al. An update on reporting bias in the antidepressant literature: An FDA-controlled examination of drug efficacy. International Congress on Peer Review and Scientific Publication; 2017 September;Chicago, IL, USA.
12. Eden K, Ivlev I, Forester A, Hansen-Kaar C, Reid E, et al. A pilot study of online training of patient stakeholders aimed at improving knowledge and skills to complete peer review of PCORI draft final research reports. International Congress on Peer Review and Scientific Publication; 2017 September;Chicago, IL, USA
13. Ivlev I, Hickman EN, McDonagh MS, Eden KB. Effect of patient decision aids on women's intention to undergo screening mammography: a systematic review and meta-analysis. 38th Annual North American Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making (SMDM); 2016 October;Vancouver, BC, Canada.