Applications for Summer & Fall 2013 are now closed.
2014 Applications will be accepted starting in September.
Click HERE for answers to Commonly Asked Questions.
Invitation only recruitment visit dates for 2013
We held two recruitment visits in February and interviewed 63 candidates. We expect a class size of 20 students for 2013.
Applications & Requirements
Application Instructions and On-Line Application
All international applicants are required to provide World Education Services (WES) International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) credential evaluations for all foreign colleges attended. Please consult with the WES's website for instructions and fees at www.wes.org. You are responsible for the full cost of this service. International applicants from ALL countries of origin will need to complete this service. If you have already completed a similar credential evaluation through WES or another company, the Graduate Studies Office may evaluate on a case-by-case basis whether a WES ICAP will be needed.
It is recommended that applicants complete the following prerequisite course work: General Biology, General Chemistry, Physics, Genetics, Organic Chemistry, and Calculus
A complete application consists of:
- On-Line application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- GRE scores (general test) no more than 5 years old.
- TOEFL scores (for international students whose native language is not English) no more than 2 years old.
- GRE & TOEFL: Program codes are 4865 (Oregon Hlth Sci U Sch Medicine), no department code or specialty tests required. It is the applicant's responsibility to insure proper coding for these tests. Improper coding will cause delays and may cause difficulties with application review.
- Letters of reference a minimum of three required from individuals who can address the applicant's potential for research and graduate studies play an important role in the admission process. Request recommendations from persons who have a thorough knowledge of your background and qualifications.
- Complete all essay questions on the application. Remember, if you need time to organize your answers, you can log out of the application and proceed at a later date.
- Applications will be reviewed when all materials have been received. In reviewing candidates, the admissions committee evaluates a number of factors including academic record, research experience, and GRE scores.
- Selected applicants will be invited to OHSU for interviews during one of the interview sessions generally in February and March (arrive Wednesday - depart Saturday).
- The invitation only interviews involve meeting with faculty and current graduate students while providing an opportunity to learn about the program, the OHSU campus, and Portland.