Art and Science of Sedation - Oral Sedation review
With Dr. David Donaldson, Dr. Fred Quarnstrom and Dr. Mark Donaldson
Keep your sedation permit current!
Instructor: Dr. David Donaldson, Dr. Fred Quarnstrom and Dr. Mark Donaldson
Date: Friday, August 15, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Credit: 7 CE Hours (for permit maintenance)
Tuition: $325.00 Dentists / $125 Dental Auxiliary
Location: Portland, OR
This one day lecture, refresher course meets the Oregon Board of Dentistry’s requirements to renew your minimal or moderate sedation permit.
- Develop a plan for every sedation appointment to ensure safe, effective minimal enteral sedation
- Understand the pharmacology of oral sedatives and identify the most appropriate agent for each patient
- Employ strategies for pre-emptive analgesia and post-op analgesia
- Utilize the proven “recipe” for post-operative pain control that DOES NOT include narcotics
- Learn new techniques for administering flumazenil and strategies for patients who may require an alternative approach: another arrow in your quiver
David Donaldson BDS, FDSRCS, MDS, FADSA, FACD, FAAOP, FICD, is a Professor and Head of Pain and Anxiety Control at UBC, and has a part-time practice on Vancouver Island, restricted to the treatment of chronic head and neck pain.
Fred C. Quarnstrom DDS, FADSA, FAGD, FICD, FACD, CDC, is a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, the International College of Dentistry, a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomat of the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
Mark Donaldson BSP, PHARM D, FASHP, FACHE, is the current Director of Pharmaceutical Services at the Kalispell Regional Medical Center and a Clinical Professor in the Department of Pharmacy at the University of Montana.