Diversity Advisory Council
Diversity is central to our core values. OHSU’s President created the Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) to help fulfill one of the six goals of OHSU’s strategic plan, Vision 2020: “to be a great organization, diverse in people and ideas.”
The DAC advises the President and the Executive Leadership Team on enhancing diversity, multiculturalism and equal opportunity for all aspects of the university’s mission. As a campus-wide group, the DAC supports diversity initiatives across the university—everything from helping units understand the business case for diversity to providing practical resources for employees, students, and community members.
The DAC represents all of university’s mission areas and student, staff, and faculty groups. Working together, DAC members enhance communication and collaboration across OHSU’s schools and departments.
The Diversity Advisory Council (DAC), activated in May 2007, meets monthly with an agenda to enhance diversity throughout OHSU. The DAC explores ways to implement the diversity strategies and tactics in Vision 2020, OHSU’s strategic plan, by fostering a community of inclusion.
DAC meetings are led by the Directors of the Center for Diversity & Inclusion (CDI) and Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity (AAEO). Members are appointed by the OHSU President and represent all areas of the university and its mission.
The DAC links individuals responsible for diversity-related efforts to further the university’s interest in supporting and promoting diversity and equal opportunity. Teamwork, furthering collaboration among schools and departments, and developing and prioritizing diversity initiatives are key charges of the Council.
Contact the Diversity Advisory Council
If you would like to connect with the Diversity Advisory Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Council members are encouraged to address and make recommendations concerning the following issues, as well as others as they are identified including: increasing the recruitment and retention of diverse students, faculty and employees, improving the campus climate, promoting the university’s mission, supporting diversity initiatives, and assuring quality service to diverse patients.
- Leslie Garcia, MPA, Co-Chair, Assistant Chief Diversity Officer, Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Michael Tom, JD, Co-Chair, Director, Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
- Alisha Moreland, MD, House Officers Diversity Committee Representative
- Bob Applegate, Associate Director, OHSU Strategic Communications
- Bobbie Jenkins, CPA/ABV, ASA, CFF, Office of the Dean
- Cherry Pisigan, RN-BSN, DNP/FNP Student
- Cliff Coleman, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Family Medicine
- Connie Seeley, Chief of Staff, President's Office
- Danette Haynes, LCSW., Clinical Director, Avel Gordly Center for Healing
- Dean Westwood, MSW, Instructor, School of Public Health and Preventative Medicine
- Dena Hassouneh, PhD, RN, ANP, PMHNP, APRN-BC, Associate Professor, School of Nursing
- Ellen Rensklev, CPDM, CCMP, Director, Risk Management
- Eric Switzer, MA, Associate Director of Communitcations, Strategic Communications and Healthcare Marketing Communications
- Karen Eden, PhD, Associate Professor, Medical Informatics, Women in Academic Medicine Representative
- Kirsten Wall, MA, Senior Learning and Organizational Development Consultant, Human Resources
- Kristin Belford, School of Nursing Student, All Hill Council Representative
- Linda Strahm, MSIR, Director, Human Resources, Academic Units
- Martin Epson, MD, MTS, House Officers Diversity Committee Representative
- Michael Axley, MD, MA, Assistant Professor, Anesthesiology
- Nicole Lockart, MBA, Assistant Dean, Faculty Affairs & Administration, School of Medicine
- Noal Robinson, MAOM, Human Resources, OHSU & Doernbecher Foundation
- Norwood Knight-Richardson, MD, MA, MBA, Chief Diversity Officer, Vice President
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Phyllis Beemsterboer, MS, EdD, FACD, Associate Dean, School of Dentistry
- R. Dale Walker, MD, Director, One Sky Center, Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry
- Rachel Dresbeck, PhD, Director, Research Communication & Development Services
- Rachelle Jacover, MA, Business Improvement Manager, Facilities & Logistics
- Riikka Salonen, MA, Program Manager, Diversity & Inclusion
- Robert Vieira, EdD, Vice Provost, Academic/Student Affairs
- Shelagh Johnson, Women and Children's Education and Outreach Manager, Center for Women's Health, Doernbecher Children's Hospital
- Steve Stadum, JD, Chief Operating Officer, Knight Cancer Institute
- Susan Aromaa, MS, Research Associate and Community Program Coordinator, Oregon Clinical & Translational Research Institute
- Sue Orchard, PsyD, Associate Director and Student Access Coordinator, Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Tsering Lhewa, MD, House Officer, Pediatrics
- Valerie Palmer, Research Associate, Global Health Center
- Vanessa Green, MS, Director of Higher Education and Diversity Center, Coastal Margin Observation and Prediction, Institute of Environmental Health
- Vivian Lalangan, Patient Access Services Specialist, AFSCME Local 328 Executive Board Member and Representative
- Brittany Krake, MDR, Administrative Coordinator, Diversity Advisory Council, Physical Access Committee, Center for Diversity & Inclusion