- Pediatric Cardiology
Special focus on
- Cardiology (Pediatric)
- B.S., University of California San Diego, 0 0 1989
- M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine, 0 0 1994
- Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard University, 1997
- Pediatric Cardiology, Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard University, 2001
- American Board of Pediatrics, 1997
Dr. Armsby specializes in caring for children with heart problems. Before coming to OHSU in 2006, Dr. Armsby worked as an interventional cardiologist, performing procedures which treat heart disorders and in some cases may replace heart surgery, at one of the top Children’s Hospitals in the country.
At OHSU she sees patients with many different forms of heart problems. Her areas of expertise include complex congenital heart disease, interventional cardiology, heart transplantation, and abnormal cholesterol.
Dr. Armsby has a long-standing interest in helping strengthen systems of care, particularly for populations of children whose access to medical care is vulnerable or insufficient. Toward this end she spends time each year working with teams in American Samoa and in Beijing.
Dr. Armsby also very much enjoys educating and mentoring young physicians. She is a faculty member of pediatric subspecialty board review courses, contributed to the national recommendations for training in pediatric cardiology, and has directed the pediatric cardiology fellowship program at OHSU since 2006.
4.9 out of 5 (62 Ratings, 5 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Friendliness/courtesy 4.9
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.9
- Explanations about your problem/condition 4.9
- Concern shown for your questions/worries 4.9
- Effort made to include you in treatment decisions 4.9
- Used words you could understand 4.9
- Amount of time spent with you 4.9
- Your confidence in care provider 4.9
- Nov 16, 2017
I was pleased with this provider!
- Sep 07, 2017
Amazing and Caring towards my daughter. Went above and beyond.
- Jun 01, 2017
the MD took the time to explain my sons condition to him very clearly so he was able to understand and repeat later on
- Feb 09, 2017
The provider Laura was excellent. She was friendly, courteous, respectful, an excellent listener, provided us with all the information and answered all our questions and she took all the time needed and we never felt rushed. At the end of the appointment we felt we had all the information needed.
- Oct 25, 2016
My child was very happy with the Dr..