Vassiliki “Liana” Tsikitis, M.D. joined the division of general surgery at OHSU in September of 2011. Prior to her move to Oregon, she was appointed assistant professor of surgery in the division of surgical oncology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine and University Physicians Healthcare in November 2008.
Dr. Tsikitis’ clinical areas of interest are the surgical treatment of colon and rectal cancer and surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Her practice also includes benign colorectal conditions that might require surgical treatment, including diverticulitis, colonic polyps not amenable to removal by colonoscopy, perianal fistulas, fissures, and hemorrhoids. Dr. Tsikitis is an expert in the complete array of open and minimally invasive procedures for all diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus. Her primary research interests are the emerging field of colon and rectal cancer genetics, and optimization of the surveillance of colon and rectal cancer patients.
During her medical school, residency, fellowship, and her junior faculty years, Dr. Tsikitis won numerous awards in research, patient care, and teaching, including outstanding intern and outstanding resident awards, as well as outstanding role model in surgery.Read more
- M.C.R., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon USA 2013
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2000
- General surgery at the Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University in Providence, RI, 2000-2007
- Colon and rectal surgery at the Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education in Rochester, MN, 2007-2008
- American Board of Surgery (2007)
Memberships and associations
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology