Oregon Tax Checkoff for Alzheimer's Research
You can help Oregon discover new treatments for Alzheimer’s disease.
About 60,000 Oregonians have Alzheimer’s disease. Here's how you can help:
Donate to the Oregon Charitable Checkoff Program.
When filling out your tax return, please indicate the amount you wish to donate to Alzheimer’s on schedule OR-D as well as your total donation on line 46 of form 40.
If you use tax return software, select Alzheimer’s research from the charitable check-off drop-down menu.
100 percent of your donation will go toward funding important research projects to treat and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Your contribution helps support the newest, most innovative ideas in Alzheimer’s disease research, including:
- How nutrition may prevent or slow the progression of Alzheimer’s
- The role of depression in the development of Alzheimer’s
- Medications to improve brain function
Funds are administered through Oregon Health & Science University under the direction of Oregon Partnership for Alzheimer’s Research (OPAR).
For more information, please contact:
Linda Boise, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Layton Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease Center
How this fund benefits Oregonians
All money donated through the Oregon Alzheimer's Research Tax Checkoff fund supports studies conducted here, in Oregon. These studies support researchers who are entering the field of Alzheimer's research and are expanding the knowledge base. They also:
- Increase our understanding of Alzheimer's and bring us closer to new treatments
- Test ways to give effective support to caregivers and families of persons with Alzheimer's disease
- Pave the way for additional funding from the National Institute of Health and other national research programs
Other ways you can help
You can support Alzheimer's research by donating directly to OPAR
Checks should be made out to "OHSUF - Alzheimer's Research Partnership" and can be sent to:
Oregon Partnership for Alzheimer's Research
c/o Layton Aging and Alzheimer's Disease Center
Attn: Linda Boise
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road (CR131)
Portland, OR 97239