What we do
At OHSU, we know that it is not enough to practice medicine. We need to change it. And in order to change it, we need to push the very edges of medicine. To ask the questions that nobody else is asking. To disrupt the status quo with bold ideas.
The OHSU Foundation is one of the largest public university foundations in the Northwest, and exists to advance OHSU’s vital mission of creating a healthier world through the power of philanthropy. At the heart of it all we work to inspire transformational giving, and connect people’s passion with impact.
If you’re looking for a meaningful and rewarding career, this could be the perfect place for you!
Who we are
Our mission is at the heart of everything we do. The way we advance that mission is by hiring and retaining a passionate, dedicated, and collaborative team.
We believe that diversity and equity are imperative to our success, which is why we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture where all employees are empowered to do great work—and where the best decisions are made because they’re informed by multiple, diverse perspectives.
“My job allows me to help people accomplish what they didn’t think was possible and it challenges me to grow every day. It also helps to have a supportive work environment, wonderful colleagues, and leadership committed to inspiring us to be the best that we can be.”
“I love the camaraderie and professionalism of my team – we do great work together and have fun doing it. There is so much respect and trust for each other, we can count on everyone doing a solid job, and everything just falls into place because of that.”
What we offer
The OHSU Foundation is committed to providing comprehensive benefits that help our employees thrive:
- Compensation: We offer competitive pay and a structured compensation evaluation process to ensure equity across the organization.
- Health and Wellness: Employees can choose from two heavily subsidized medical/dental/vision plans, and have access to coverage for their dependents, including all domestic partners. Other health and wellness perks include an FSA plan, free flu shots, discounted memberships to gyms and studios, and on-site chair massages.
- Retirement: We proudly offer a 12% pension plan, as well as an opt-in 403(b) plan for those who wish to contribute additional pre-tax dollars to their retirement.
- Transportation: Employees have access to a $50/year Trimet pass, as well as pre-tax parking options. Bonus: if you ride your bike to work you get incentive dollars for every trip!
- Work/Life Balance: We are fully committed to supporting the personal needs of our employees. This includes a comprehensive eight week Paid Family Leave program, generous paid time off, eleven paid holidays, and two paid days of volunteer time off. In addition, we offer a pre-tax dependent care plan.
- Professional Development: Every employee has a bank of professional development money to use towards conferences, memberships, trainings, and certifications, as well as an annual allotment of tuition reimbursement dollars.
Our Hiring Process
Interested in applying to the OHSU Foundation? Learn about our hiring process.
The OHSU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employers
The OHSU Foundation is committed to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including age, current or future military status, disability (physical or mental), gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
The OHSU Foundation, as required by law, is making available a copy of Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act.