Call for Abstracts
OHSU students, faculty, research-ranked employees, postdocs, and staff are invited to submit one abstract for a poster presentation on May 2, 2016 and a 10-minute oral presentation on May 2-4, 2016 at OHSU Research Week.
Oral presentations will be grouped into symposia by category throughout the week. Researchers of all levels may present within the same session. Each speaker has 10 minutes to present and 5 minutes at the end for questions.
Poster sessions will take place Monday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the BICC. Poster dimensions are limited to 4'x6'.
- Create an account on the Research Week 2016 ConfTool Conference Administration site.
- Once you have created an account, click the Your Submissions link on the main dashboard. Select Oral Presentation, Poster Presentation, or both. Each presenter is limited to one abstract submission per type of presentation.
- Enter your name and email address. Check the button next to your name to indicate the Presenting Author. If the work you are presenting has multiple authors, you may list them here.
- Copy and paste your abstract body text into the form where indicated. Abstracts that have previously been presented at other meetings may be submitted for Research Week. Abstracts are limited to 250 words.
- For Primary Topic, select one topic that best fits your abstract. We realize that these topics may not be an exact match for your abstract. They are based on previous submissions and are meant to facilitate abstract review and program development. If no topics fit, select "other." If more than one topic is relevant, select the best fit under Primary Topic and select an additional topic under Secondary Topic.
- Enter 1-5 Keywords to describe your abstract.
- If you are a student, check the Student Contribution box. To be considered for a student-only oral presentation session, please leave a note in the Remark/Message to the Program Committee box below.
- If you have a disability or other special need which may need an accommodation, please let us know in the Remark/Message to the Program Committee box. You may also indicate here if there is a specific time you absolutely cannot present. Please note that all OHSU instructors have been asked to allow students to present at their given time, so please do not list your class schedule as conflicts.
- Postdocs and faculty, please consider volunteering to be a judge for student oral and/or poster presentations by entering your anticipated availability where indicated.
- When finished with the form, click the Proceed button. Review your contribution and click Complete Submission to submit.
Abstract submissions are due Tuesday, March 8, 2016. Notifications and tentative schedules will be sent by April.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Scholarships available to students presenting posters at Research Week
A small pool of scholarship money is available for OHSU students who would like to present a poster at Research Week but who don't have department support for poster printing expenses. To be considered, submit the following by Tuesday, March 8, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short letter (no more than one page) explaining your need for this scholarship
- The tentative title for your poster presentation
- Name of your lab or program
- Name and contact information of your mentor
Please note that if selected, you must commit to presenting a poster at OHSU Research Week. Awards are contingent upon poster being accepted by Research Week programming committee.