The OHSU Gene Profiling Shared Resource is a full-service genomics facility providing research scientists and clinicians with services for RNA expression profiling, DNA variation analysis, and nucleic acid extraction. Learn more about the GPSR
Gene Profiling Shared Resource
The Gene Profiling Shared Resource (GPSR) is a unit of the Integrated Genomics Laboratory and is located on OHSU Marquam Hill Campus in Richard Jones Hall, room 5330. We work closely with the Massively Parallel Sequencing Shared Resource and the DNA Services Core to provide support and services, from specimen processing through data generation.
Please acknowledge support from the core in publications and presentations. See suggested text below.CORE INFORMATION FLYER
Services We Offer
- Expression Profiling-Microarrays and qPCR: mRNA and microRNA expression profiling, including options for whole transcript analysis and alternative transcript/exon analysis
- DNA Variation Analysis-Microarrays and PCR: Whole genome and targeted SNP genotyping and copy number analysis with microarrays and PCR assays; methylation pattern analysis with Illumina EPIC arrays
- RNA and DNA Isolation: Support available for RNA/DNA isolation in connection with microarray, sequencing or qPCR projects; automated protocols for QIAGEN spin-column kits, including PAXGene Blood RNA kits
- RNA Assessment: Quantification, size, and/or quality assessment of RNA samples
- DNA Assessment: Quantification, size, and/or quality assessment of DNA samples
- Consulting for project design and grant development
For RNA-Seq and DNA-Seq services and information, please visit the MPSSR website
For human cell line authentication and oligo synthesis services and information, please visit the DNA Services Core website
For study design and analysis support for expression, genotyping and methylation arrays, please contact the OCTRI Translational Bioinformatics Core
Assistance with design, sample preparation, and data analysis for epigenetics projects utilizing RNA-seq, DNA-seq, or Sanger sequencing is available through the KCVI Epigenetics Consortium.
To request services through the GPSR, go to the iLab website.
If you would like to request pre-project consultation or request a service that is not represented by one of the categories listed above, please contact Dr. Chris Harrington, GPSR Director.
- Complete Affymetrix GeneChip and Illumina BeadArray systems for array hybridization, processing, and scanning
- Life Technologies QuantStudio qPCR System for gene expression, genotyping, and more
- NanoDrop 1000 and 8000 spectrophotometers for nucleic acid quantification
- SpectraMax i3x Multi-Mode Microplate Reader, a cost-efficient solution for high-sensitivity, high-throughput quantification of RNA and DNA samples
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer & 2200 TapeStation for RNA and DNA sizing
- QIAcube & QIAsymphony Sample Prep Robots for automated nucleic acid extractions
- QIAGEN TissueLyser LT for tissue disruption
- Eppendorf epMotion 5075 Liquid Handling Robot for sample and reagent aliquoting, and sample normalization and plating
- Suite of custom and commercial software for data QA/QC and analysis, including Affymetrix Transcriptome Analysis Console
Instrument Access We Offer
- QuantStudio 12K Flex real-time PCR System
- Qiagen QIAcube Sample Prep Robots
For all other service and instrument access inquiries, please contact the GPSR Director.
We would appreciate the inclusion of the following acknowledgment in publications and presentations of work done in the GPSR facility:
"(Insert appropriate service or platform) were performed in the OHSU Gene Profiling Shared Resource"
The Gene Profiling Shared Resource receives support from the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute NCI Cancer Center Support Grant P30CA069533.