- Quantitative measurement of fluorescent reporters to assess the distribution of specific molecules within cell populations
- Sorting to isolate purified cell populations based on detection of specific probes such as antibodies and fluorescent proteins
- Analysis of multiple characteristics such as relative cell size, antibody binding to cell surface or intracellular biomarkers, DNA and RNA content, and fluorescent protein expression.
- Functional assays to measure apoptosis, enzyme activity or calcium flux
- Cells can be sorted into 5-15 ml conical tubes, eppindorf tubes or cloned into multi-well plates.
- After acquisition of data, investigators will receive data files and/or data plots. In addition, for sorting experiments, investigators will receive sorted cells and an analysis of post-sort purity.