The DNA Services Core provides automated fluorescent "long read" capillary DNA sequence analysis and solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis. Learn more about us
DNA Services Core
The DNA Services Core is a unit of the Integrated Genomics Laboratory and is located on OHSU Marquam Hill Campus in Richard Jones Hall, room 5330.
Services We Offer
- Sanger Sequencing: Selective incorporation of chain-terminating ddNTPs by DNA polymerase during in vitro DNA replication to determine sequences up to 1kb in length
- Human Cell Line Authentication: Accurate authentication of human cell lines using STR analysis and meeting the ANSI/ATCC requirements
- Fragment Analysis: Detection of changes in the length of a specific DNA sequence to indicate the presence or absence of a genetic marker
- Targeted SNP Sequencing: Identification of a change in the genetic sequence that occurs at a site where a restriction enzyme cuts
- Oligo Synthesis: Creation of custom primers and probes for oligo and siRNA synthesis through Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
- DNA Quantification: Quantification, size and quality assessment of DNA samples
- Consulting: For project design and sample preparation assistance
To request services through the DNA Services Core, go to the iLab website.
For consultations, please contact Taylor Jones at email@example.com
If you have any questions or need further information about the services we offer, please contact Taylor Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or Anja Stadler at email@example.com
Acknowledgements and Co-Authorship:
When presenting and publishing results from projects processed by the DNA Services Core, inclusion of the following statement is appreciated:
"Capillary electrophoresis DNA sequencing was completed by the OHSU DNA Services Core"
"STR profiling for human cell line authentication was completed by the OHSU DNA Services Core"