Nonsurgical Permanent Contraception for Women Conference, May 8-9, 2014 in Portland, Oregon.
The purpose of this conference was to generate new ideas and approaches that will lead to research proposals to be funded by the center. This center for research in permanent contraception is being established at Oregon Health & Science University. The Center will provide grants for direct research costs and core resources (including use of the nonhuman primate model for proof-of-concept testing) designed to support early phase studies leading to the development of a low cost nonsurgical method of permanent contraception in women. This center has now been funded and is OPERM. Please see the below link to visit the full conference synopsis.
Manuscripts & Publications:
Slayden O. Polidocanol induced tubal occlusion in nonhuman primates: Immunohistochemical detection of collagen I-V. Contraception. 2016
JensenJT, Hanna C, Yao S, Thompson E, Bauer C, Slayden OD. Transcervical administrationof polidocanol foam prevents pregnancy in female baboons. Contraception 2016
Patil E, Jensen JT. Update on permanent contraception options for women. Current opinion in & obstetrics & gynecology 2015;2:465-70
Jensen JT. Nonsurgical permanent contraception for women: let's complete the job. Contraception 2015;92:89-90
- Jensen JT, Hanna C, Yao S, Bauer C, Morgan TK, Slayden OD. Characterization of tubal occlusion after transcervical polidocanol foam (PF) infusion in baboons. Contraception. 2015 Aug;92(2):96-102. PubMed PMID:26070857; PMC4521910.
- Jensen JT, Hanna C, Yao S, et al. Blockade of tubal patency following transcervical administration of polidocanol
foam: initial studies in rhesus macaques. Contraception. 2014;89:540-9. PMID: 24560476; PMC4033706
- Jensen JT. Permanent contraception: modern approaches justify a new name. Contraception. 2014;89:493-4. PMID: 2456048
- Jensen J, Hanna C, Yao S, Slayden OD. Evaluation of tubal patency withhysterosalgingograpy (HSG) in baboons: effect of menstrual cycle phase.Fertility and Sterility. 2016 Sep 1;106(3):e112. Presented at the 72nd AnnualMeeting of ASRM. Salt Lake City, October 2016 (Poster).
- Yao S, Hanna C, Slayden OD, Jensen J. An ex vivo model for assessing acute effectsof transcervical polidocanol foam in the macaque fallopian tube. Fertility andSterility. 2016 Sep 1;106(3):e113. Presented at the 72nd Annual Meeting ofASRM. Salt Lake City, October 2016 (Poster).
- Jensen J, Hanna C, Yao S, Bauer C, Slayden OD. Polidocanol foam for nonsurgicalpermanent female contraception: initial trial in baboons. Presented at the 71stAnnual Meeting of ASRM. Baltimore, October 2015 (Oral Prize Paper).
- Jensen JT, Hanna C, Yao S, Bauer C, Hergert C, Edelman AB, Slayden OD. Effect of polidocanol foam concentration onsuccess of tubal occlusion following transcervical administration in baboons.Presented at the 70th Annual Meeting of ASRM. Honolulu, October 2014 (Poster).
- Lee DO, Hanna C, Yao S, Yearian C, Slayden O, Jensen J. Polidocanol foam inducescollagen deposition. Presented at the 70th Annual Meeting of ASRM. Honolulu,October 2014 (Poster).
- Yao S, Hanna C, Slayden O, Jensen J. Exposure to polidocanol foam is toxic to mouseand monkey gametes and embryos. Presented at the 70th Annual Meeting of ASRM.Honolulu, October 2014 (Oral).
- Slayden OD, Yao S, Hanna CB, Holden L, Edelman AB, Jensen JT. Immunohistochemical assessment of epithelialintegrity following intrauterine administration of polidocanol foam in rhesusmacaques. Presented at the 69th Annual Meeting of ASRM. Boston, October 2013(Oral).
- Jensen JT, Hanna C, Yao S, Edelman A, Holden L, Slayden OD. Administration ofDepomedroxyprogesterone Acetate (DMPA) augments tubal occlusion followingtranscervical administration of polidocanol foam in baboons. Presented at the69th Annual Meeting of ASRM. Boston, October 2013 (Poster).
- Jensen JT, Micks E, Edelman A, Hanna C, Yao S, Martin L, Slayden O. Transcervicaladministration of Polidocanol foam blocks the fallopian tubes of rhesusmacaques without adverse non-target effects. Presented at the 68th AnnualMeeting of ASRM. San Diego, October 2012 (Poster).