Health Impacts Safety
Health Impacts Safety toolbox and safety meeting guides have been developed to support organizations integrating workplace safety, health, wellness and well-being. Each Total Worker Health™ guide can be downloaded and printed freely. Listed below are the guides and additional resources that you may find useful to support the guides. Email us with comments and feedback about the guides.
Instructions and Calendar for a Year of Impact!
Download the entire A Year of Impact!
With this instruction, calendar and twelve guides (English and Spanish), your organization
has content for 12 months of meetings. Or, access each guide and
instructions separately below.
- Online video: What if you stopped sleeping (AsapSCIENCE)
- Harvard Sleep Medicine Sleep and Health Education Program
- American Heart Assoc. Warning signs of heart attack, stroke and cardiac arrest
- OccHealthSci Topic: Heat Stress and Sun Exposure
- NIOSH Fast Facts: Protecting Yourself from Sun Exposure
- Skin Cancer Foundation: Download a Self Exam Body Map
- Occupational Health Science's Workplace Solutions to Get People Moving
- Washington Post's Don't Just Sit There!
- A New Performance Paradigm: Can 1-2 Minutes of Movement Transform Your Organization; Jack L. Groppel, PhD and Ben Wiegand, PhD
- Harvard Healthy Eating Plate
- Oregon Health Authority Nutritious Food Choices at Work
- Wellness@Work Eat Well
TWH 7: Presenteeism: Why work when you are sick?
TWH 7: Presentismo – ¿por qué trabajar cuando estás enfermo?
- Business-Know-How The Hidden Costs of Presenteeism: Causes and Solutions
- SAIF Corporation The Hidden Cause of Injury
- Are you stressed? Learn all about it!
- Stress at work: What about it?
- Watch EU-OSHA's "When Stress Strikes" at work. Looks familiar?
- How can your organization help prevent stress in the workplace?
- Learn to De-Stress, Monday and Everyday.
- CDC The Benefits of Physical Activity
- CDC Workplace Health Promotion
- Online video: 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
- American Heart Association Get Moving: Easy tips to get active!
- Moda Health Well@Work 101 Low Cost Ideas for Worksite Wellness
TWH 11: What's respect got to do with it?
TWH 11: Spanish version - coming soon
- Forbes: Four Steps Proven to Cultivate Workplace Civility
- OccHealthSci 2016 recorded symposium: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: Impact on worker health and well-being
TWH 12: Spanish version coming soon
- OccHealthSci 2015 recorded symposium: Mindfulness and Total Worker Health
- OccHealthSci Resource Directory: Total Worker Health Topic, Best Practices - Mindfulness subtopic
These guides were developed by Dede Montgomery, Fred Berman, Anjali Rameshbabu, and reviewed by: Steven Shea, Kent Anger, Ryan Olson, Amanda McCullough, Brad Wipfli, Illa Gilbert-Jones, Diane Elliott, Kerry Kuehl, Leslie Hammer, and David Hurtado.
Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences, OHSU and Oregon Healthy Workforce Center.
Special thanks to Edgard Ramirez and SAIF Corporation for their assistance with Spanish translations. SAIF is a NIOSH Total Worker HealthTM Affiliate.