OCTRI Design Studio
Are you planning to submit a career development award like a K award or VA CDA in the next 6 months?
Are you preparing an F30 in the next 6 months?
Are you submitting your first R grant soon?
If you or a member of your research group or department is planning to submit one of these proposals, consider taking advantage of an OCTRI Design Studio.
Design Studios are set up to maximize the success of OHSU’s early-career investigators by giving them feedback as they prepare grant proposals. OCTRI invites members of the senior OHSU research community plus interested partners to listen to a short presentation, ask questions, and provide feedback. Mentors and additional faculty in the field are also invited.
Each Design Studio includes 3-4 presenters. Presenters are encouraged to schedule a Design Studio at least one month prior to the grant submission deadline, and OCTRI recommends presenting 3-6 months before the proposal is due. Scholars who are requesting OCTRI research services are required to present at a Design Studio.
Ideal times to present at Design Studio are:
- At the time of proposing a career development award
- At the time of implementing a funded career development award research project
- At the time of development of an application for any subsequent R award
- Tuesday, April 11, 12:00 to 2:00 p.m., Location HRC 14D03
- Tuesday, May 9, 12:00 to 2:00 p.m., Location HRC 14D03
- Tuesday, June 13, 12:00 to 2:00 p.m., Location HRC 14D03
The Design Studio is typically scheduled on the second Tuesday of each month, noon to 2 pm.