Grant Writing Seminar
Write Winning Grant Proposals:
A Seminar for Clinician Scientists
OCTRI is sponsoring a grant writing seminar for clinicians and scientists who want to improve their skills in obtaining research grant funding. The seminar is open to all, including OHSU faculty and staff as well as researchers from other academic, hospital, research, and community organizations.
Prior registration is required for this seminar. Registration for this seminar closes on October 31, 2014.
Write Winning Grant Proposals: A Seminar for Clinician Scientists
Date: Friday, November 14, 2014
Time: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: OHSU Library Auditorium
- Formulate a focused research plan that incorporates hypothesis, rationale, specific objectives and long-range research goals.
- Organize and present a sound research plan that accurately reflects the ideas and directions of the proposed research activities.
- Develop and justify a budget for the proposed research activities.
- Maximize existing resources at your institution (including colleagues) in the development of a sound research plan.
- Understand the peer-review process in grant evaluation and how to formulate a grant application that is most compatible with that process.
Registration InformationDownload Registration Form
The $80 fee includes The Grant Application Writer's Workbook, as well as, breakfast. Registration for this seminar is now open.
OCTRI has subsidized this seminar to keep registration cost low. OHSU faculty and staff may be able to pay with departmental accounts. Payment may also be made by check written out to Oregon Health & Science University and forward to mail code: CHH15G. If you have questions about payment contact: Kimberly Poole or call 503-494-3812.
Registration and payment must be received by October 31, 2014 to secure a place in the seminar. There are no refunds for cancellation. Should conditions warrant, the sponsors reserve the right to cancel this seminar with a full refund.