Medicaid Evidence Based Decisions Project (MED)
Foundations of MED
The MED Project was established at the Center for Evidence-based Policy in 2006 as a self governing collaboration of state Medicaid agencies and their partners. MED's mission is to provide policy-makers with the tools and resources they need to make evidence-based decisions.
Purpose of MED
MED's primary purpose is to improve decision making in Medicaid programs by
- Producing independent and objective evaluations of clinical evidence to inform decisions made by policy-makers, purchasers, providers, and consumers.
- Sharing best practices and engaging in collaborative problem-solving to accelerate improvements in healthcare outcomes and health system efficiency.
- Supporting state efforts to increase transparency and evidence-based decision making in state health coverage policies.
MED Public Reports
The following reports have been made available by the MED Project. Click on the title to download:
- Health Technology Assessment – August 2011
- Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography – August 2011
- Elective Induction of Labor – October 2010
- Elective Cesarean Section – November 2010
- Viscosupplementation for Osteoarthritis of the Knee - March 2010
- Bone Growth Stimulators - August 2009
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Depression - August 2009
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Epilepsy - August 2009
State Agencies Participating in the MED Project
- New York
- West Virginia
Talk to Us
Please call (503) 494-2182 for more information, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .