Clinical trials award administration
There are many elements unique to managing clinical trials funding. It is essential to develop a thorough understanding of all key components in the financial life cycle of clinical trials and use key tools for successfully planning and managing these finances.
Clinical Trials 1: Pre-award Administration
- OHSU policies and guidance relating to a clinical trial budget.
- Clinical trial budget preparation.
- Payment schedules of industry sponsored clinical trial.
- Set-up of accounts such as OGA and Industrial accounts.
- Third party payer approvals.
Clinical Trials 2: Post-Award
- eCRIS and OGA for invoicing and cash management.
- Clinical trial award setup process.
- Data housed in Oracle Grants Accounting (OGA).
- Posting appropriate expenses.
- Preparation for financial closeout.
- Set-up and management of post-closing Program Development Accounts (PDA's).
Continuing Education Credits
Two CECs are available for each of these two-hour courses, as granted by OHSU School of Nursing based on approval each term. More information on this is available upon registration.