Emergency funding at OHSUOHSU investigators have two sources of emergency or bridge funding.
- OHSU Presidential Bridge Funding is specifically to support established investigators threatened by an imminent lapse in research support. Only OHSU independent principal investigators are eligible to apply. Applications are due each year in May.
- Medical Research Foundation (MRF) emergency support is for similar purposes. It is open to OHSU investigators and investigators at other Oregon institutions. Applications are due four times per year: February 15, May 15, August 15 and November 15.
- Rank at the level of assistant professor or above;
- Committed institutional support such as space and salary;
- A track record of first‐authored or senior‐authored publications;
- A recent history of federal (or similar) funding.
OHSU Presidential Bridge Funding
Applications are to be submitted electronically via e-mail to Research Funding & Development Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, May 30, 2014, by 5:00 p.m.
For the 2013-2014 funding cycle, the dollar amount for bridge funding is $50,000. It is anticipated that approximately 10 awards will be made. Grants are made for the duration of the fiscal year during which the funds are awarded and must be spent during that fiscal year. Funds cannot be carried forward.
For questions, please contact Research Funding & Development Services.
MRF Emergency Funding
Emergency Interim Support for Established Investigators grants may be made to support ongoing research when an investigator is between grants and a hiatus would jeopardize the program. The fiscal emergency is to be described in the cover letter. Financial need as well as merit will be considered for this category of funding. The maximum award is $40,000.
No clearance request forms need to be submitted.