The OHSU ThinkFirst Oregon Mission is to reduce the incidence of brain, spinal cord, and other traumatic injuries and fatalities by providing education to youth, parents, and community members throughout Oregon.
Congratulations Wallace and Ramona!
Two of our amazing volunteers have been honored by OHSU with Outstanding Volunteer Awards. We are so grateful for all of their hard work with Think First!
Latest Safety Information
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that is caused by a hit, bump, or jolt to the head or body. Concussions can have serious long term effects if not given adequate time to heal before returning to sports or other activities. To learn more about concussions, their symptoms, and the effects, click on the links below:
- Concussions-Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Concussions Webinar-Safe Kids Oregon
- Safety of School Sports: Concussions-Oregon Department of Education
- Max's Law: Concussion Management Implementation Guide
- Parent/Athlete Concussion Information Sheet-English
- Parent/Athlete Concussion Information Sheet-Spanish