ORPRN is a statewide network of primary care clinicians, community partners, and academicians dedicated to studying the delivery of health care to rural residents and conducting research to reduce rural health disparities. Our studies use implementation science and knowledge transfer methods to transform rural health care delivery.
ORPRN is headquartered at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, and has regional offices staffed by Practice Enhancement Research Coordinators (PERCs).
Areas of Expertise
- Implementation of evidence-based practices to improve the delivery of preventive health services and chronic illness care
- Community-based participatory research approaches to respond to community identified health improvement priorities
- Studying practice transformation to patient-centered primary care home (PCPCH)
- Use of health IT to improve patient safety and coordinated patient care
- Randomized controlled trials