Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment (SLRP)
The Oregon Office of Rural Health is no longer accepting new or continuation applications for the 2015/2016 SLRP grant cycle
Due to the limited amount of funding available and the high number of applicants, no additional awards will be made. Please check our website in August 2016 for more information on next year's award process.
The SLRP program is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Professional Shortage Areas.
SLRP is a two-year service obligation in exchange for loan repayment funds. Providers may qualify for up to two – 1 year continuations beyond their initial service obligation depending on availability of funds.
Awards are calculated on a tiered system, shown below, based on 1) candidate and site eligibility and 2) the amount the site is able to match and 3) Site’s HPSA score.
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 16 or greater
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 20% of qualified loan debt per year
- Please note: If your site is already an approved National Health Service Corps site at the time of your application, you will be encouraged to apply for the NHSC program. If you choose to move forward with your SLRP application, you will only be eligible for a maximum award of up to 10% of your qualified debt.
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 11-15
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 15% of qualified loan debt per year
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 1-10
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 10% of qualified loan debt per year
SLRP Application Process
- Confirm service site eligibility. Sites must be:
- Non-profit (public or private)
- Located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm HPSA score.
- Have a policy to serve all patients regardless of ability to pay. For patients that fall below 200% of the federal poverty level, a sliding fee scale will be implemented. Additionally, sites must not conduct asset testing to determine the amount of financial assistance available to patients. For more information on this policy, please reference the informational package provided by HRSA.
- Sites must be an approved site to participate in the ORH SLRP Program at the time an applicant applies for the SLRP program.
- Confirm candidate eligibility. A SLRP candidate must be: a US citizen at the time the application is submitted; contracted to begin working or already working in a HPSA designated service site; providing services in primary care. Qualified providers are:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
Please contact the SLRP Program Coordinator if you have any questions.
Annalee Venneri | email@example.com | 503-494-4450 | toll free: 866-674-4376
Seeking job opportunities in healthcare? Create a free profile at 3RNet.org and access active opportunities in Oregon.