Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment (SLRP)
are available now. Please submit your application via email or fax. Applications are reviewed on a first come first serve basis.
Please review the entire SLRP eligibility criteria for applicants and sites as well as FAQ's prior to submitting and application.
Applicants practice site must have a current Site Eligibility Approval Letter dated September 1st, 2015 or later. For questions regarding site eligibility contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The SLRP program is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Professional Shortage Areas.
SLRP is a two-year service obligation in exchange for loan repayment funds. Providers may qualify for up to two – 1 year continuations beyond their initial service obligation depending on availability of funds.
Awards are calculated on a tiered system, shown below, based on candidate and site eligibility, the amount the site is able to match, and Site’s HPSA score.
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 16 or greater
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 20% of qualified loan debt per year
- Please note: If your site is already an approved National Health Service Corps site at the time of your application, you will be encouraged to apply for the NHSC program. If you choose to move forward with your SLRP application, you will only be eligible for a maximum award of up to 10% of your qualified debt.
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 11-15
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 15% of qualified loan debt per year
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 1-10
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 10% of qualified loan debt per year
SLRP Application Process
- Confirm service site eligibility. Sites must be:
- Non-profit (public or private)
- Located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm HPSA score.
- Willing to provide 50% of the total loan repayment award plus a 10% administrative fee. Sites decide how much they will contribute with a minimum contribution of $5,000 up to $35,000 depending on applicant's eligible debt, the site's HPSA score and tier level. Federal funds are used to match the site's amount for a total award amount based on the tier the site falls under.
- Sites must be an approved site to participate in the ORH SLRP Program at the time an applicant applies with a Site Eligibility Approval Letter dated September 1st, 2015 or later. For questions regarding site eligibility contact email@example.com
- Confirm candidate eligibility. A SLRP candidate must be: a US citizen at the time the application is submitted; contracted to begin working or already working in a HPSA designated service site; providing services in primary care. Qualified providers are:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve ongoing basis and will not be reviewed if are not complete. Please review the SLRP eligibility criteria for applicants and sites as well as FAQ's prior to submitting an application.
To request a one year continuation of your SLRP award, please complete a SLRP Continuation Application.
Please contact the SLRP Program Coordinator if you have any questions regarding the application or your sites eligibility.
SLRP Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org| 503-494-4450 | toll free: 866-674-4376
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions about SLRP
Seeking job opportunities in healthcare? Create a free profile at 3RNet.org and access active opportunities in Oregon.