Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment (SLRP)
All 2014/2015 Grant funds have been obligated.
2015/2016 Grant Cycle funds will be available September 2015, applications will not be accepted until September 1, 2015
This program is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Profession Shortage Areas.
SLRP is a two-year service obligation in exchange for up to $35,000/year of loan repayment.
Awards are determined by: 1) candidate and site eligibility and 2) the amount the site is able to match.
Applications for SLRP sites and candidates are accepted on an ongoing basis.
SLRP Application Process
- Confirm candidate eligibility. SLRP candidates must be US citizens at the time of application completion, contracted to begin working or already working in a HPSA designated service site, providing services in primary care as:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Confirm service site eligibility. Sites must be:
- non-profit (public or private)
- located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm HPSA score
- willing to provide 50% of the total loan repayment award plus a 10% administrative fee. Sites decide how much they'll contribute from $5,000 up to $35,000 and then program funds match the site's funds.
- Please contact our office for an estimate of your potential SLRP award and to confirm loan eligibility.
- Apply Now! No application deadlines. ORH must have both the completed site and candidate applications to be considered.
Mail complete applications to:
Oregon Office of Rural Health — SLRP
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd. — L593
Portland OR 97239
Or scan and send complete applications to: email@example.com