Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment (SLRP)
Prior to submitting an application please review the SLRP eligibility criteria, for both applicants and service sites, as well as the SLRP FAQ's.
SLRP is an incentive program for primary care providers working in Health Professional Shortage Areas. SLRP is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and matched by a provider's Service Site.
SLRP requires a minimum initial two year service obligation for full time providers, and a minimum 4 year service obligation for part time providers, in exchange for loan repayment funds.
Providers may qualify for up to two 1 year continuations beyond their initial service obligation, contingent on the on provider’s remaining eligible loan debt amount, and availability of program funds at time of the continuation application submission.
Initial Award Calculations
- Applicant's Service Site has a HPSA score of 16 or greater:
- Applicant is eligible for up to 20% of qualified loan debt per year
- Applicant's Service Site has a HPSA score of 11-15:
- Applicant is eligible for up to 15% of qualified loan debt per year
- Applicant's Service Site has a HPSA score of 1-10:
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 10% of qualified loan debt per year
When submitting a SLRP application if an applicant's Service Site is an approved National Health Service Corps Service Site, the applicant will be encouraged to apply for an NHSC program (if they have not already applied and been denied). If an applicant from an NHSC approved Service Site chooses to move forward with a SLRP application, and has not already applied to, and been denied by, an NHSC program, the applicant will only be eligible for a Tier 3 award (see above).
Continuation Award Calculation
After successful completion of an initial SLRP service obligation providers may apply for a one year continuation. Providers who are granted a continuation will be awarded up to 25% of their remaining qualified educational debt. After successful completion of their first continuation providers may apply for a second, one year continuation. Providers who are granted a second continuation will be awarded up to 25% of their remaining qualified educational debt.
Continuations are contingent on the availability of program funds, and the provider's Service Site ability to match funds.
SLRP has a lifetime award maximum of $100,000.
Service Site Eligibility
Service Sites must be:
- Non-profit (public or private); AND
- Located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm HPSA score; AND
- Willing and able to provide 50% of the total loan repayment award, plus a 10% administrative fee; AND
- Approved site to participate in the SLRP with a Site Eligibility Approval Letter no more than one year old (from date a provider submits a SLRP application).
For questions regarding Service Site eligibility contact the SLRP Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLRP candidates must be:
- A US citizen at the time their SLRP application is submitted; AND
- Contracted to begin working or already working at an approved Service Site (see above); AND
- Providing primary care services in an outpatient ambulatory care setting.
Qualifying provider types include:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Expanded Practice Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve ongoing basis. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant and will not be reviewed until fully completed. Awards are made until all program funds have been exhausted.
SLRP does not have a set closing date. Once all program funds have been exhausted this website will be updated and SLRP applications will be removed.
Please review the SLRP eligibility criteria above, for both candidates and Service Sites, as well as FAQ’s prior to submitting an application.
SLRP Coordinator | email@example.com | 503-494-4450 | toll free: 866-674-4376
Frequently asked questions about SLRP.
Seeking job opportunities in healthcare? Create a free profile at 3RNet.org and access active opportunities in Oregon.