Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment (SLRP)
All 2014/2015 Grant funds have been obligated. 2015/2016 Grant Cycle funds will be available September 2015, all applications submitted will be placed in order of receipt and reviewed on a first come first serve basis.
This program is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Profession Shortage Areas.
SLRP is a two-year service obligation in exchange for up to $35,000/year of loan repayment.
Awards are determined by: 1) candidate and site eligibility and 2) the amount the site is able to match.
Applications for SLRP sites and candidates are accepted on an ongoing basis.
SLRP Application Process
- Confirm candidate eligibility. SLRP candidates must be US citizens at the time of application completion, contracted to begin working or already working in a HPSA designated service site, providing services in primary care as:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Confirm service site eligibility. Sites must be:
- non-profit (public or private)
- located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm HPSA score
- willing to provide 50% of the total loan repayment award plus a 10% administrative fee. Sites decide how much they'll contribute from $5,000 up to $35,000 and then program funds match the site's funds.
- Please contact our office for an estimate of your potential SLRP award and to confirm loan eligibility.
- Apply Now! No application deadlines. ORH must have both the completed site and candidate applications to be considered.
Mail complete applications to:
Oregon Office of Rural Health — SLRP
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd. — L593
Portland OR 97239
Or scan and send complete applications to: email@example.com