Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment (SLRP)
The 2014/2015 Grant Cycle has closed. 2015/2016 Grant Cycle will open to application submission on September 1, 2015.
This program is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Profession Shortage Areas.
SLRP is a two-year service obligation in exchange for up to $35,000/year of loan repayment.
Awards are determined by: 1) candidate and site eligibility and 2) the amount the site is able to match.
Applications for SLRP sites and candidates are accepted on an ongoing basis.
SLRP Application Process
- Confirm candidate eligibility. SLRP candidates must be US citizens at the time of application completion, contracted to begin working or already working in a HPSA designated service site, providing services in primary care as:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Confirm service site eligibility. Sites must be:
- non-profit (public or private)
- located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm HPSA score
- willing to provide 50% of the total loan repayment award plus a 10% administrative fee. Sites decide how much they'll contribute from $5,000 up to $35,000 and then program funds match the site's funds.
- Currently an approved site to participate in ORH Loan Programs
- Please contact our office for an estimate of your potential SLRP award and to confirm loan eligibility.
Contact: Annalee Venneri | firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450 | toll free: 866-674-4376