Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
State loan repayment programs offer another loan repayment option to primary care providers working in Health Profession Shortage Areas to improve access to health care in communities with a shortage of health professionals. SLRP is a minimum two-year service obligation with the option to continue beyond the initial commitment.
SLRP applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. There are no application deadlines. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to find candidate and site applications.
SLRP Application Process
1) Confirm candidate eligibility. SLRP candidates must be US citizens, working in a HPSA designated service site, providing services in primary care as:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
If you are seeking job opportunities in a HPSA work area, please contact our recruitment services coordinator, Jo Johnson: 503-494-4450.
2) Confirm service site eligibility. Service sites must be:
- non-profit organization (public or private)
- located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm eligibility
- willing to provide 50% of the total loan repayment award plus a 10% administrative fee.
3) Confirm loan eligibility.
4) Review FAQs about SLRP.
5) Calculate your maximum SLRP award.
With Oregon SLRP, candidates are eligible for 25% of their total qualifying loan debt per year for a 2-year service obligation (with a maximum $35,000/year). Your service site must be willing to pay 50% of your eligible award (plus an admin fee at 10% of your total award).
EXAMPLE: You are a qualifying provider with $100,000 in outstanding student loans that qualify for SLRP loan repayment. You are then eligible for a total award of $25,000 per year. Your site agrees to pay $30,000 ($25,000 plus $5,000 admin fee) up front and SLRP program dollars pay the remaining portion ($25,000) of your total award.
6) Be prepared to negotiate with your site.
If your site is unable to contribute the maximum matching amount, they can choose to participate at a lesser amount. The minimum site contribution is $6,000 ($5,000 matching funds plus $1,000 admin fee).
Apply Now! No application deadlines. Candidates must submit BOTH site and candidate applications to be considered. Click links below to download.
Mail complete applications to:
Oregon Office of Rural Health- SLRP
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd., L593
Portland, OR 97239
Or scan and send complete applications to: Julie Hoffer