Primary Health Care Loan Forgiveness ProgramThis program was designed to meet workforce needs in rural Oregon for Primary Care Physician, Physician Assistant, Master of Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice, General Surgery and Psychiatry, authorized by ORS 442.573-442.574.
- Admitted to an approved Oregon rural training track for MD/DO, NP or PA (Your rural track program director must submit proof of your enrollment)
- Second or third year students
- Enrolled full-time
- Prepared to begin practice in an approved rural facility within 90 days of program completion
- One year of clinical service in an approved rural Oregon practice site in exchange for each year of loans granted through this program.
- Service shall begin no later than 90 days following completion of a primary care residency, physician assistant or nurse practitioner training program.
- Participant must provide a minimum of 32 hours/week of clinical practice in an approved rural Oregon site.
- Eligible practice sites will be located in a rural federally designated HPSA, MUA or an Area of Unmet Need as designated by the Oregon Office of Rural Health.
- Participants are eligible for loans of up to $35,000 per year in exchange for one year of service to an approved rural facility.
- Participants who fail to satisfy the obligations in their agreement, must pay back their loans including interest (as outlined in their agreement).
2015 Primary Health Care Loan Forgiveness Program applications are now closed. Proof of enrollment in your rural track must be submitted by your rural track director prior to application.
For more information, contact Annalee Venneri | firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450