Primary Health Care Loan Forgiveness ProgramThis program was designed to meet workforce needs in rural Oregon for Primary Care Physician, Physician Assistant, Master of Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice, General Surgery and Psychiatry, authorized by ORS 442.573-442.574.
- Admitted to an approved Oregon rural training track for MD/DO, NP or PA (Your rural track program director must submit proof of your enrollment)
- Second or third year students
- Enrolled full-time
- One year of clinical service in an approved rural Oregon practice site in exchange for each year of loans granted through this program.
- Service shall begin no later than& 90 days following completion of a primary care residency, physician assistant or nurse practitioner training program.
- Participant must provide a minimum of 32 hours/week of clinical practice in an approved rural Oregon site.
- Eligible practice sites will be located in a rural federally designated HPSA, MUA or an Area of Unmet Need as designated by the Oregon Office of Rural Health.
Participants are eligible for loans of up to $35,000 per year for their second and subsequent years of medical, nurse practitioner or physician assistant training.
2015 Primary Health Care Loan Forgiveness Program applications are due to back to the Office of Rural Health by end of business on February 13st, 2015.
For more information, contact Julie Hoffer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450.