Scott Ekblad, Director
- Coordinates the availability and application of OHSU resources for Oregon’s rural communities.
- Policy development, liaison with other agencies and advocacy efforts.
- Work with congressional legislative officials and their staffs.
- Consult with rural hospitals and practitioners regarding network formation, managed care proposals and integrated service systems.
- Make public presentations on rural health care, including media interviews with radio, television and newspaper reporters, as well as testimony before legislative and congressional committees.
- Manages staff in fulfilling statutory and grant-funded responsibilities of the State Office of Rural Health.
- Manages the legislative, media and public policy activities of the office.
- Oversees general department operations.
- Assumes primary responsibility for submission of grant applications; serves as Principal Investigator.
- Provide staff support to the Rural Health Coordinating Council in fulfillment of its statutory responsibilities.
Joanne Arnst, Office Specialist
- Office reception and primary telephones.
- Secretary to program staff.
- Travel and meeting coordination.
- Maintain office supplies and filing systems.
Robert Duehmig, Director of Communications
- Gathers information from rural constituents, partner agencies, policy makers and other OHSU departments; distributes as indicated to ORH staff.
- Informs rural constituents, partner agencies, policy makers and other OHSU departments of the work of ORH. Responds to internal and external requests for information.
- Provides information on services available through ORH and refers requesters to other appropriate resources. Assists Director in developing and promoting legislation.
- Oversees production of ORH newsletters, including writing articles. Oversees maintenance of ORH website.
- Responds to requests for information from the general public, rural health care providers, local, state and federal officials, legislators and members of Congress and members of the campus community. Media liaison with OHSU’s University News and Publications. Represents ORH with media upon request of the Director.
- Gathers info required to report on progress of grant-funded activities and to develop new funding proposals. Produces ORH annual report.
- Maintains ORH resource library.
Hilary Gossler, Loan Programs Specialist
- Implements, coordinates and monitors federal & state funded programs to provide loan repayment or loan forgiveness to qualifying health care providers and health care students.
- Coordinates the loan forgiveness and repayment programs to match health care practitioner candidates with practice opportunities in rural and urban underserved communities.
Meredith Guardino, Director of Field Services
- Provide or arrange for technical assistance services to rural Oregon communities.
- Identify Oregon rural communities that would benefit from intra-community, rural health network development.
- Train community health organizers to provide local leadership.
- Assist communities in developing health care delivery systems, including strategic planning, and community needs assessment and community-based decision-making activities.
- Assist communities in identifying funding sources.
Julie Hoffer, Workforce Development
- Offers workforce recruitment and retention assistance to both candidates and facilities in finding matches, posting or searching opportunities on 3RNet and accessing incentive programs and other resources.
Eric Jordan, Administrative Coordinator
- Website design, strategy, and updates.
- Administration of Oregon Rural Practitioner Tax Credit.
- Administration of Oregon's Rural Volunteer EMS Provider Tax Credit.
- Coordination of ORH newsletters distribution.
- Coordination of grant application submissions.
- Mailing list database administration.
Emerson Ong, Data Coordinator
- Primary Care Service Area Database management.
- Recruitment Services database management.
- Oregon physician and provider data administration.
- Maintenance of ORH central databases.
- GIS Mapping.
- Presentation, report, spreadsheet, and form design.
Linda Peppler, Department Administrator
- Management policy and program planning.
- Responsible for office operations.
- Budget preparation, monitoring, management and financial analysis.
- Human resources - payroll, interviews, evaluation.
- Administration of medical malpractice reinsurance program.
- Administration of contracts and subcontracts.
- Administration of TRICARE tax credit.
- Coordinator of Annual Oregon Rural Health Conference.
- Administration of Rural Health Coordinating Council.
- Coordinator of the Annual Apple A Day Fundraiser Auction and Dinner
Brooke Sturtevant, Recruitment Program Assistant
- Supports the coordinators of the Office of Rural Health’s recruitment incentive programs by coordinating technical programs and developing technical procedures and forms.
Justin Valley, Technical Assistance Field Specialist
- Assist communities in developing health care delivery systems - needs assessment and strategic planning.
- Assist communities in developing ongoing funding sources.
- Assist rural health providers in maintaining market share.
- Assist communities and clinics to interpret and apply federal and state regulations affecting their practices.
Community Grants Coordinator
- Execute and monitor the ORH Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex)
- Coordinate activities of other limited grant programs
- Administers Small Rural Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP)