Awards & Recognition
US NEWS & WORLD REPORT HAS INCLUDED OREGON HEALTH & SCIENCE UNIVERSITY ON ITS BEST HOSPITALS LIST FOR 18 CONSECUTIVE YEARS
OHSU Hospital is the only hospital in Oregon to be nationally ranked in U.S. News Best Hospitals and is recognized as “high-performing” in 10 medical specialties, including cancer, diabetes and endocrinology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; geriatrics; gynecology; heart and heart surgery; kidney disorders; ophthalmology, orthopaedics, pulmonary; and urology.
WE'RE #1 IN PORTLAND, OREGON
In 2011, OHSU was ranked No. 1 among Portland metro-area hospitals, according to U.S. News & World Report's first-ever Best Hospitals metro area rankings.
OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in Oregon to be nationally ranked by U.S. News. OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital's comprehensive pediatric oncology program ranks 28th out of 200 children's cancer programs nationwide.
For more information about the methodology used by U.S. News & World Report to determine its annual ranking of best hospitals, visit the U.S. News Web site.
OHSU: A Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality
OHSU was recognized in 2011 and 2012 as a Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign. The Healthcare Equality Index confirms that OHSU policies and practices meet and/or exceed the criteria for inclusion in the survey.
- OHSU’s patient’s rights policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex couples (partners/spouses/significant others) the same access as different-sex couples and next-of-kin.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex parents the same access as different-sex parents for visitation of their minor children.
- OHSU provides cultural competency training that addresses healthcare issues related to the LGBT community.
- OHSU’s employment non-discrimination policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
National Research Corporation Consumer Choice
For 11 years in a row the National Research Corporation (NRC) has awarded OHSU Healthcare the 2009/2010 Consumer Choice Award for the Portland-metro area. The NRC surveys 250,000 households nationwide and uses this coveted award to recognize those hospitals consumers say have the best image and reputation, overall quality, doctors and nurses.