Ronald McDonald House
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Oregon and Southwest Washington
We're pleased to provide overnight accommodations for our patients' families traveling long-distance.
Portland's two Ronald McDonald Houses® provide a "home away from home" for families and their seriously ill children who travel from out of town to receive treatment at Doernbecher and other Portland hospitals.
How do I qualify to stay at the Ronald McDonald House?
To stay at a Ronald McDonald House, families must:
- Have a child 21 years of age or younger being treated at a Portland area hospital.Please note:
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Patients age 18 and above must be accompanied by a support person who is age 18 or older, and knowledgeable about the patient’s medical care.
- Live 30 or more miles from Portland.
- Have a permanent physical address.
How do I make arrangements to stay?
You will need a referral from your child's doctor, hospital case manager or social worker. For more information about getting a referral and to check availability at the Ronald McDonald house, please visit Ronald McDonald House, or call 971 230-0808.
We cannot take reservations. Families are accommodated as space becomes available.