Melanoma Patient Symposium
OHSU Department of Dermatology in collaboration with SolSurvivors Oregon and AIM at Melanoma bring you the 4th annual Melanoma Patient Symposium! Join the melanoma community for a full day of activities:
- Participate in expert-led group table talks.
- Choose the topics of your greatest interest, and join other community members in a round-table style discussion. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to get up close and personal with leading melanoma experts!
- Topics include:
- Psychosocial Impacts for Melanoma Survivors
- Patient Advocacy - Why YOU Should Join SolSurvivors
- Phone Apps and Artificial Intelligence, Whats Next?
- Fixing Cancer Causing Mutations in Populations
- Why Clinical Trials May Be The Key That Unlocks the Answers
- War on Melanoma Community Outreach
- Hear keynote presentation: Artificial Intelligence and Melanoma Diagnosis: Are Dermatologists Out of a Job?
- Dr. Kelly C. Nelson, MD Anderson Cancer Center, will address technology/artificial intelligence in melanoma diagnosis and what this could mean for both patients and physicians in the future.
- March with the War on Melanoma.
- Dr. Sancy Leachman, Chair of the OHSU Department of Dermatology and Director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute Melanoma Program, will give updates on her War on Melanoma including 'battle plans' for the future.