To our clients and families,
We would like to take this opportunity to share our philosophy and service delivery model. In essence, client satisfaction is our core value and purpose.
Based on these beliefs:
- We strive to be the service provider of choice for clients needing clinical testing.
- We believe that the best customer service includes the option of “research testing” and the service offered should provide real value to our clients and the entire community. Our research testing is approved by our IRB office (IRB Approval Number 00008083).
- For well-established platforms, clinical service should be offered. For emerging technologies such as whole exome sequencing, before the true value and the clinical utility are established, research testing should be offered.
- If we are not able to positively identify the causative variation/mutation with our standard tests, we ask your permission to continue to use your sample in a research setting. By combining samples from patients with similar conditions, we strive to identify and validate new variations/mutations with clinical significance. If our research results in a reliable clinical test, you may be invited to submit a new sample for clinical testing.
- It is important to determine the clinical significance when variants with unknown clinical significance are identified. Therefore, it is also our mutual interest to test more family members in order to confirm the clinical significance when possible.
- We perform segregation analysis with no additional charge when two mutations are identified.
- We will lower the cost of our service as much as we can in order to serve more clients. In an effort to decrease costs, we are currently in the process of switching to the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platform.
- We will focus on responsible use of resources to provide quality services and to further our knowledge. We believe the best marketing strategy is positive word-of-mouth about the quality of our work and our comprehensive service
- We will be good citizens and make every effort to offer a helping hand. In return, we hope the community will support our efforts.
- Together we can make a difference and significantly advance our shared interests and goals.
John (Pei-Wen) Chiang, PhD, FACMG
Director, Casey Eye Institute Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory