The Brain Research Awareness and Information Network (BRAINet) is the volunteer outreach organization of the OHSU Brain Institute (OBI). BRAINet's Mission is to foster awareness and support for the Institute and for neuroscience research by educating the public and engaging in community interaction.
The human brain is teeming with connections. Neurons and synapses connect thoughts and actions, linking our brain and body through an intricate web of nerve cells that make an impact on how we feel, sense, move, coordinate, remember, judge and contemplate. BRAINet, also, creates connections that make an impact-for ourselves and others-by connecting neuroscientists to the community. You, too, can be a part of this vibrant group.
BRAINet membership benefits
BRAINet provides you the opportunity to connect with and promote neuroscience. Here are just a few examples of the benefits of joining our membership:
- Attend the monthly BRAINet Lecture Luncheons at the member rate to hear fascinating presentations by faculty members of OHSU, and engage in stimulating conversation with other BRAINet members during the luncheon.
- Volunteer at Brain Awareness lectures and numerous other public and by-invitation-only events.
- Attend the BRAINet Annual Meeting and vote in elections of Officers and the Board. Further engage as a member up for election in a leadership position.
- Volunteer at the Brain Library at the Center for Health & Healing to help patients and their families find information on neurology-related diseases and disorders.
- Receive early invitations to public and members-only OBI and OHSU events and tours.
- Serve as a "Brain-in-the-Box" volunteer, and help take this novel, engaging and highly educational program to middle schools in our area.
- Connect with advocacy groups for brain diseases, and help them access the resources of the OBI.
- Meet renowned national and international neuroscientists while learning about the latest research among enjoyable and bright peers.
- Make a difference while having fun! As a BRAINet member, your donation of time or treasure is held in special regard.
There are additional special benefits for higher level membership categories. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a BRAINet member
You can play an important part in generating enthusiasm for brain research and, most importantly, in making vital connections within the community.
Membership is for the academic year (September–August). To join, please mail a check or money order (credit cards are not accepted at this time) made out to "OHSU Foundation" with your complete contact information (including email) to:
You will receive a confirmation email and an update on current activities upon receipt. Amounts given above $25 are considered a gift to OHSU Foundation and are tax-deductible.
|BRAINet Membership Levels|
|OBI BRAINet Member||$25|
|OBI BRAINet Friend||$75|
|OBI BRAINet Supporter||$250|
|OBI BRAINet Patron||$500|
|OBI BRAINet/Synapse Society member