Student Insurance Waiver
2015-2016 Waiver Information
August/September New Students and Returning Students
NEW Waiver Process
THE WINTER WAIVER IS NOW CLOSED. Those with previously approved waivers from Fall term need not re-apply.
To apply, please visit https://wfis.wellsfargo.com/OHSU and see below for additional information.
· Navigate to the appropriate tab, either 'Domestic or International Student 2015-2016' tab to access the medical and dental waivers.
· Only those who are registered for the current term will be able to submit a waiver.
· There are separate online waivers for medical and dental.
· An automatic pass/fail will be issued after submitting the online waiver.
· Approved waivers will be good through 9/21/2016.
· The winter waiver deadline is 1/15/2016 for ALL STUDENTS.
· If the waiver deadline is missed, they will become eligible again the following term when the waiver period opens.
· Wells Fargo Insurance Waiver Support Team can be reached toll free at 866-769-7600 or via their direct email
NEW Waiver Deadlines
THE ONLINE WAIVER SITE IS NOW CLOSED. VISIT THE WEBSITE TO APPLY.
New Students (September start dates):
New students who start their programs in September will have an online process to apply for a waiver. Paper applications will not be accepted. The waiver deadline for new students will be in line with the registrar's 100% refund deadline (10/9 for September starts).
Returning students who wish to continue waivers from the 2014-2015 plan year will need to re-apply for a waiver by October 9th, 2015. A new online process is now available. Paper applications will not be accepted. Students wanting to waive out of subsequent terms, must submit their waivers by the 100% refund date established by the registrar. Once a waiver is approved, it is good through 9/21/2016.
|2015 – 2016||Summer B||Fall||Winter||Spring/Summer|
|Waiver Deadlines (based on 100% refund dates)||8/21/2015||10/9/2015||1/15/2016||4/8/2016|
2015/2016 OHSU Waiver Criteria
Please note, there are two waivers-one for medical and one for dental. The below criteria is in reference to the medical waiver. To waive dental, comparable insurance must be demonstrated.
· Your plan must be effective on or before the start of the insurance term.
o Summer B-8/1/2015
· Your plan must provide inpatient and outpatient mental health benefits.
· Your plan must cover at a minimum 80% for inpatient hospitalization.
· Your plan must provide prescription drug coverage.
· Your plan must have an unlimited annual benefit.
· Your individual deductible must be equal to or less than $2, 500. Please note, if you are J-1 student, your immigration status requires that your insurance plan's deductible cannot exceed $500 per incident.
· Your plan must provide or authorize medically necessary in-patient and out-patient care in Oregon or your state of domicile (including office visits, behavioral healthcare and ancillary procedures) if studies are based outside of Oregon.
· Your plan will authorize, if medically necessary, emergent/urgent coverage outside of the state of Oregon or your state of domicile.
· Your plan must provide coverage internationally and if not a covered benefit, you need to acknowledge personal responsibility to obtain travel benefits if you choose to travel outside of the country
· International Students : Does your plan have coverage for medical evacuation and repatriation? Please note, if you are a J-1 student your repatriation must include at least $25,000 in coverage and your medical evacuation must include at least $50,000 in coverage.
Any student who submits a waiver and is denied has the option to appeal. Beginning 2015/2016, Wells Fargo Insurance Services will be handling all waiver appeals. If your waiver is denied, you will be provided the steps of how to submit your online waiver appeal. JBT Health & Wellness Center is no longer handling the waiver appeals. All waiver determinations will be based upon the waiver criteria that has been set by OHSU and no exceptions will be made.
-For inquires about a waiver appeal or the status please call Wells Fargo at 866.769.7600 or email them directly.
Qualifying Life Event-Aging off, birth, divorce
Students who are approved for a waiver and then experience a qualifying life event (age off a parental plan, loss of spousal insurance, cancellation of policy, etc.) are eligible to enroll in the Student Health/Dental Insurance Plan. Please notify the JBT Health & Wellness Center within 31 days of the event. Enrollment would be for the full term period and coverage would begin the date coverage was lost.