Student Insurance Waiver
2017-2018 Waiver Information
NEW students matriculating Summer B term,
Waiver period opens 8/29/17 and closes 10/10/17.
Waivers completed at any time during the 2017-2018 insurance year are good through 9/21/2018.
Waiver Application Process
The 2017–2018 waiver process is managed by our broker, Wells Fargo Insurance Services.
- The waiver process is available online only.
- Only those who are registered for the current term will be able to submit a waiver.
- There are separate online waivers for medical and dental. If you wish to waive off both the student medical and dental insurance, you will need to complete two separate online waiver applications. (SEE WAIVER LINKS BELOW)
- An automatic pass/fail will be issued after submitting the online waiver.
- Approved waivers will be good through 9/21/2018.
- If the waiver deadline is missed, the student will have to wait until the following term waiver period to apply.
- Wells Fargo Insurance Waiver Support Team can be reached toll free at 866-769-7600 or via their direct email
To apply, please use the following links. You must be registered for the current term in order to be eligible to apply.
Fall Waivers: deadline 10/10/17
Questions about the medical and/or dental waiver?
You can contact the OHSU Human Resources Benefits Office as they are now the main contact for all questions related to the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Please contact them at email@example.com or by calling 503-494-7617 Option 4 if you have any questions about the waiver application process, plan costs, coverage information, help with claims and billing, assistance contacting Wells Fargo or PacificSource, and anything else that comes up regarding the SHIP.
2017-2018 Student Health Insurance Term Dates/Costs and Waiver Deadlines
|Terms||Summer B||Fall||Winter||Spring/Summer||Spring||Summer A|
Insurance Start Date
Insurance Stop Date
Online Waiver Begins
Online Waiver Close
SHIP Medical + Vision
If students miss a waiver deadline and would like to waive out of subsequent terms, they must wait until the next waiver period and then submit their waivers by the 100% refund date established by the registrar.
Domestic students have a waiver application that requires an attestation similar to the draft form below.
International students have a waiver application that has additional required elements.Please note, there are two waivers-one for medical and one for dental. The below criteria is in reference to the medical waiver.
To waive dental, the only requirement is that comparable insurance must be demonstrated.Once your waiver is approved for 2017-2018, it will be good through 9/21/2018 and you need not re-apply each term. The waiver site will not open until approximately a month prior to the term start date. You MUST be registered in order to be able to waive. Once registered, please give the system 48-72 hours to update your eligibility.
· Your plan must be effective on or before the start of the insurance term.
o Summer B- 8/1/17
o Fall- 9/22/17
o Summer A- 6/15/18
If you already have a health insurance plan that you feel is comparable to the SHIP and wish to apply for a waiver from the OHSU Student Health Insurance plan, please be prepared to attest to the waiver requirements below. If you do not have the answers to the questions listed below, you should contact your insurance company to collect all the information prior to applying. It is important to note that the SHIP offers world-wide coverage while many comparable health insurance plans through the federal exchange or the Medicaid system (Oregon Health Plan) may only have limited coverage and/or networks if leaving your local area which could result in limited or no benefit coverage.
Domestic Plan Waiver
I understand that I am applying to waive out of the University Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan. Should I wish to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan, I understand that I must do so during the open enrollment windows that begin at the start of every term.
I attest that I have healthcare coverage that is in place by the start of the term and that this coverage meets the below requirements. I understand that OHSU recommends that student coverage be at a silver, gold or platinum metallic level (https://www.healthcare.gov/choose-a-plan/plans-categories/). I will maintain this coverage for the entire duration of the 16/17 academic year.
· My plan provides both local and national coverage
· My plan meets the requirements of the Affordable Care Act, including, but not limited to, coverage for pre-existing condition, coverage minimum and maximums, and deductibles
· Licensed to do business in the U.S.
· Plan includes pharmacy benefits
· I have active Medicaid, Medicare or Veterans coverage that meets all the criteria above.
My signature indicates my attestation that my healthcare coverage meets the above requirements and is in effect from the start of the term. I understand that OHSU recommends that student coverage be at a silver, gold or platinum metallic level (https://www.healthcare.gov/choose-a-plan/plans-categories/). I will maintain this coverage for the entire duration of the 16/17 academic year. Should I lose coverage at any point during the academic year, I will either obtain another comparable plan or notify the JBT Health &Wellness Center of my need to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan. I assume financial responsibility for any healthcare costs assumed from my choice to waive out of the University Student Health Insurance Plan.
I understand that my attestation of coverage is subject to the code of conduct and that any violation of this would result in disciplinary action.
Any student who submits a waiver and is denied has the option to appeal. Wells Fargo Insurance Services will be handling all waiver appeals. If your waiver is denied, you will be provided the steps of how to submit your online waiver appeal. JBT Health & Wellness Center is no longer handling the waiver appeals. All waiver determinations will be based upon the waiver criteria that has been set by OHSU and no exceptions will be made.
-For inquires about a waiver appeal or the status please call Wells Fargo at 866.769.7600 or email them directly.
Qualifying Life Event-Loss of coverage
- Students who are approved for a waiver and then experience a qualifying life event (age off a parental plan, loss of spousal insurance, cancellation of policy, etc.) are eligible to enroll in the Student Health/Dental Insurance Plan.
- Please notify the OHSU Benefits Office within 31 days of the event. Please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-494-7617 Option 4.
- Enrollment would be for the full term period and coverage would begin the date coverage was lost.