Student Insurance Waiver
2014-2015 Waiver Information
Summer 2015 New Students
New Students-June/July Start dates
JBT will begin accepting applications on Monday, June 1st for summer (June/July starts only) term. Once approved, the waiver will be good for the remainder of the 14/15 plan year (through 8/31/2015). These students will be required to re-submit a new waiver application for the 2015-2016 academic year per the respective deadlines listed below for fall term.
Summer 2015 Returning Students
Those with previously approved waivers for the 2014-2015 year need not apply for a summer waiver. However, if a student does not have a previously approved waiver and wishes to waive out of the summer 2015 term, applications must be received by the date the term begins in order to be accepted. Those students who are approved for a waiver for this term, must re-submit a new application for the 2015-2016 academic year per the respective fall deadline listed below.
A new waiver attestation form has been developed for the remainder of the 14/15 plan year. This attestation form will provide a guide for students to determine if their current insurance meets the OHSU criteria for a waiver. These new waiver requirements were developed in conjunction with the OHSU Student Health Advisory Committee and went into effect winter term of 2015. A copy of the front and back of your current health insurance card is required. In addition, all fields of the waiver attestation form must be completed in order to be processed. It is your responsibility as a student to maintain adequate health insurance for the duration of your OHSU academic career and if you are found in violation of this, you may face disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. If you lose health insurance coverage during the school year, you must notify our office within 30 days to enroll in the OHSU student health insurance plan or be approved for a new waiver for a different qualifying plan. Enrollment in the SHIP will be backdated to the date of prior coverage termination.
Please note, there is a separate medical and dental waiver form.
2015-2016 Waiver Information
August/September New Students and Returning Students
NEW Waiver Process
THE FALL WAIVER WILL BE AVAILABLE IN LATE AUGUST.
To apply, please visit https://wfis.wellsfargo.com/OHSU and see below for additional information.
· Navigate to the 'Domestic Students 2015-2016' tab to access the medical and dental waivers.
· Only those who are registered for the current term will be able to submit a waiver.
· There are separate online waivers for medical and dental.
· An automatic pass/fail will be issued after submitting the online waiver.
· Approved waivers will be good through 9/21/2016.
· The waiver deadline is 10/9/2015 for ALL RETURNING AND NEW SEPTEMBER STUDENTS. New students who started in August who were previously approved for a waiver do NOT need to apply again.
· If the waiver deadline is missed, they will become eligible again the following term when the waiver period opens.
· Wells Fargo Insurance Waiver Support Team can be reached toll free at 866-769-7600.
An announcement will be made when the waiver opens for September NEW and CONTINUING students. Stay tuned!
NEW Waiver Deadlines
New Students (September start dates):
New students who start their programs in September will have an online process to apply for a waiver that will open in late August. Paper applications will not be accepted. The waiver deadline for new students will be in line with the registrar's 100% refund deadline (10/9 for September starts). Please check back for further announcements for when the waiver site will open.
Returning students who wish to continue waivers from the 2014-2015 plan year will need to re-apply for a waiver by October 9th, 2015. A new online process will launch in late August. Paper applications will not be accepted. Students wanting to waive out of subsequent terms, must submit their waivers by the 100% refund date established by the registrar. Once a waiver is approved, it is good through 9/21/2016. Please check back for further announcements for when the waiver site will open.
|2015 – 2016||Summer B||Fall||Winter||Spring/Summer|
|Waiver Deadlines (based on 100% refund dates)||8/21/2015||10/9/2015||1/15/2016||4/8/2016|
2015/2016 OHSU Waiver Criteria
· Your plan must be effective on or before the start of the insurance term.
o Summer B-8/1/2015
· Your plan must provide inpatient and outpatient mental health benefits.
· Your plan must cover at a minimum 80% for inpatient hospitalization.
· Your plan must provide prescription drug coverage.
· Your plan must have an unlimited annual benefit.
· Your individual deductible must be equal to or less than $2, 500. Please note, if you are J-1 student, your immigration status requires that your insurance plan's deductible cannot exceed $500 per incident.
· Your plan must provide or authorize medically necessary in-patient and out-patient care in Oregon or your state of domicile (including office visits, behavioral healthcare and ancillary procedures) if studies are based outside of Oregon.
· Your plan will authorize, if medically necessary, emergent/urgent coverage outside of the state of Oregon or your state of domicile.
· Your plan must provide coverage internationally and if not a covered benefit, you need to acknowledge personal responsibility to obtain travel benefits if you choose to travel outside of the country
· International Students : Does your plan have coverage for medical evacuation and repatriation? Please note, if you are a J-1 student your repatriation must include at least $25,000 in coverage and your medical evacuation must include at least $50,000 in coverage.
Any student who submits a waiver and is denied has the option to appeal. Beginning 2015/2016, Wells Fargo Insurance Services will be handling all waiver appeals. If your waiver is denied, you will be provided the steps of how to submit your online waiver appeal. JBT Health & Wellness Center is no longer handling the waiver appeals. All waiver determinations will be based upon the waiver criteria that has been set by OHSU and no exceptions will be made.
Qualifying Life Event-Aging off, birth, divorce
Students who are approved for a waiver and then experience a qualifying life event (age off a parental plan, loss of spousal insurance, cancellation of policy, etc.) are eligible to enroll in the Student Health/Dental Insurance Plan. Please notify the JBT Health & Wellness Center within 31 days of the event. Enrollment would be for the full term period and coverage would begin the date coverage was lost.