Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps I need to take to get registered?
- Complete the online Registration Form.
- Receive your Exam and Confirmation email.
- Study the NRP 7th Edition Book.
- Take Pre-Requisite Online NRP Exam (email with login information will be sent 2 weeks prior to class date).
- Print your certificate of completion to bring to your Instructor-Led Event.
Can people outside OHSU take the class?
Will I receive confirmation?
After registration is received you will be notified electronically that your registration has been received and your class time and location. Two weeks prior to your class date, you will receive an email with your login information and directions on taking the online exam.
If you do not receive enrollment confirmation, email email@example.com.
Where do I get a NRP 7th Edition book?
- You will be provided access to an electronic copy of the NRP textbook with your class registration 2 weeks prior to your registered class.
- If you part of MBU/DNCC/L&D at OHSU, your Nurse Manager will have books available to loan out to you.
- You can purchase the NRP textbook directly from AAP.
Is my Pre-Requisite Online NRP Exam included in the registration cost?
Yes. Two weeks prior to your class date, you will receive an email with your login information and directions for taking the exam.
How long do you think it will take me to study before I take my Pre-Requisite Online NRP Exam?
Each student is different. If you are unsure, please make sure to allow yourself ample time to study and take the exam.
Can I complete the Pre-Requisite Online NRP Exam after taking the class?
No, the Pre-Requisite Online NRP Exam is required before taking the hands-on class.
What do I do if I fail my test?
Students may repeat the exam until they attain a passing score.
Why does it say I need to wear scrubs?
This is a simulation-based course and the goal is to have it be as realistic as possible.
Where is my class located?
The dates, times and locations are listed on the website under 'Class Schedule'. For information and maps of various OHSU NRP sites, please see the contact us page. For a map of the Marquam Hill buildings/facilities as well as directions to the campus, please see the visit OHSU page.
When will I receive my NRP Card?
The 7th edition NRP eCard can be accessed online once you complete your course evaluation.
What if I didn't receive my card or I lost it?
Your NRP eCard will be saved online in your Health Stream account and you will have access to print and/or e-mail it.
Other FAQ are available at: http://www2.aap.org/nrp/about_faqs.html