What You Need To Know about student Compliance and Immunization Requirements
All OHSU School of Nursing students are required to provide documentation regarding the completion of their immunization and compliance records as identified in the Student Compliance and Drug Screening policy 50-01.15 and the OHSU Student Health Service pre-entry guidelines policy 02-01.001. Review the following steps to complete these requirements by the stated deadline.
(All requirements must be completed prior to the start day of your first term)
Step 1 - Start by creating your account in Complio and order the following items right away*:
- Immunization & Compliance Tracking System
- Background Check
- 10-Panel Drug Screen services
*If you are a current student and have already created a compliance account in ITS, you do not need to set up a new account in Complio, please continue using ITS for tracking compliance items.
Step 2 - Required trainings through OHSU’s Compass (module system)
NOTE: New incoming students gain access to their OHSU accounts 30 days prior to their start date as long as they have registered for classes. This is the time when new incoming students will have access to Compass. It is important for students to retain the email that contains account information as that email will expire.
Online trainings at Compass: https://ohsu.csod.com/client/ohsu/default.aspx
Big Brain information: Big Brain no longer exists. All modules that were found in Big Brain are now merged in the Compass module system. This means that students will not have access to complete the 6 required modules below until 30 days prior to the start of first term classes. 30 days prior to the start of classes, all students will receive an email with network ID information. The network ID is required in order to log in to Compass. If a student has completed any modules in Big Brain, those completed modules and completed certificates should transfer into students' Compass account.
- HIPAA - Compass
- Respect at the University - Compass
- Emergency Management - Compass
- Integrity Education Booster 2016 - Compass
Infection Prevention and Control Education - Compass. This module is located in the course catalog under the "health care" section in Compass. The annual update for 2016 will be available for all SON students as of October 1, 2016.
Environment of Care - Compass
Complete the modules and upload your "certificate of completion" to Complio or the American Databank system. Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions: 503 494-7725
Step 3 - Required policies & acknowledgement forms (click each link provided in the below list). Submit all completed documents to American Data Bank or Complio
- Criminal history may impact future nursing licensure and impact the ability of a student to progress through their designated nursing program. Please review the attached Background Check Disclosure details and turn in the signature form as part of your incoming compliance materials. Background Check Disclosure form
- Student Code of Conduct & Student Grievance (20-04.22)
- Student Code of Conduct & Responsibility Agreement form
- Technical Standards Agreement
- Release of Information and Media Release
- Disability Accommodation Request Form (if needed)
- Change of Address Form (if needed)
- SON Technology requirements
Step 4 - OHSU Student Health Immunization requirements
OHSU Student Health Services: 503 494-8665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit all completed documents to American Data Bank or Complio
- Review the list of required immunizations for your program in the instructional brochure.
- OHSU requires all eligible students to carry comparable medical health insurance. All eligible students will be automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan (excludes RNBS) and have the student health insurance plan premium billed to their student account unless they have other comparable coverage AND complete and are approved for a SHIP waiver by the deadline. Students Medical insurance questions should be directed to OHSU's Student Health Office, 503.494.8665
- Flu Attestation/Declination: Students taking courses in clinical agencies may be required to get a flu shot prior to participation. Students with this requirement should complete the flu attestation/declination form and submit this information to America Databank or Complio for tracking purposes.
- Possible exemptions (flu shot, polio, and Hep B. All other immunization do not have exemptions)
Step 5 - Materials obtained from outside agencies.
Licenses and certifications go to American Data Bank or Complio. Transcripts go to the School of Nursing Admissions office.
- CPR Certification (required of all students except public health).Specific training varies by campus please check your campus specific information.
- Copy of RN license (not required for Public Health, Accelerated Bachelors, or 3 year-Bachelor of Science students) CRNA Students ONLY- Please provide documentation for ACLS, BCLS, and PALS.
- Official transcripts showing completion of coursework with appropriate grade(s).
- Electronic photo requirements for PDX Graduate and RNBS students. Accelerated Bachelors and 3 year Bachelors students on the Portland campus do not need to submit this form or a photo.
Step 6 - Check to make sure that all of your required items have been loaded and that you are showing as “compliant” with your requirements.
Load your documents and track your compliance. All School of Nursing students are required to remain in Compliant status throughout their academic experience at OHSU.
- Log into American Data Bank or Complio with your e-mail and password.
- Provide all supporting documentation (certificates of completion, copies of trainings and certifications, forms, immunization medical records, etc) to American DataBank or Complio.
You may upload the documents directly to your account, email them to immunization@americanDataBank.com or fax them to 303 630-1825.
- In ITS: Click on the PDF logo in the top right hand corner of your file to view your “clinical passport” and identify any missing items that are required before you start classes.
- In Complio: Click on the Report tab on the left side tool bar. This will open your "clinical passport". You will have the option to save this passport to your computer.