What You Need To Know about Compliance and Immunization Requirements
All OHSU students are required to provide documentation regarding the completion of their immunization and compliance records as identified in the Student Compliance and Drug Screening policy 50-01.15 and the OHSU Student Health Service pre-entry guidelines policy 02-01.001. Review the following steps to complete these requirements by the stated deadline.
(All requirements must be completed prior to the start of your first term)
Step 1 - Start by creating your account in Complio and order the following items right away:
- Immunization & Compliance Tracking System
- Background Check
- 10 Panel Drug Screen services
Step 2 - Required trainings through OHSU’s BIG BRAIN and Compass systems *Please note* Compass modules will be accessible 30 days prior to the start of your term.
- Integrity Education Booster 2015
- Infection Prevention and Control Education This module is located in the course catalog under the "health care" section in Compass.
- Environment of Care
Complete the modules and upload your "certificate of completion" to Complio or the American Databank system. Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions: 503 494-7725
Step 3 - Required policies & acknowledgement forms (click each link provided in the list). Submit all completed documents to American Data Bank or Complio
- Criminal history may impact future nursing licensure and impact the ability of a student to progress through their designated nursing program. Please review the attached Background Check Disclosure details and turn in the signature form as part of your incoming compliance materials. Background Check Disclosure form
- Student Code of Conduct & Student Grievance (20-04.22)
- Student Code of Conduct & Responsibility Agreement form
- Technical Standards Agreement
- Release of Information and Media Release
- Disability Accommodation Request Form (if needed)
- Change of Address Form (if needed)
- SON Technology requirements
Step 4 - OHSU Student Health Immunization requirements.
OHSU Student Health Services: 503 494-8665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit all completed documents to American Data Bank or Complio
- Review the list of required immunizations for your program in the instructional brochure.
- Required Medical Insurance: Medical Insurance Information. Medical insurance questions should be directed to Student Health, 503.494.8665
- Flu Attestation/Declination: Students taking courses in clinical agencies may be required to get a flu shot prior to participation. Students with this requirement should complete the flu attestation/declination form and submit this information to America Databank or Complio for tracking purposes.
- Possible exemptions
Step 5 - Materials obtained from outside agencies.
Licenses and certifications go to American Data Bank or Complio. Transcripts go to the School of Nursing Admissions office.
- CPR Certification (required of all students except public health).Specific training varies by campus please check your campus specific information.
- Copy of RN license (not required for Public Health, Accelerated Bachelors, or 3 year-Bachelor of Science students) CRNA Students ONLY- Please provide documentation for ACLS, BCLS, and PALS.
- Official transcripts showing completion of coursework
with appropriate grade(s).
- Electronic photo requirements for PDX Graduate and RNBS students. Accelerated bachelors and 3 year bachelors students on the Portland campus do not need to submit this form or a photo.
Step 6 - Check to make sure that all of your required items have been loaded and that you are showing as “compliant” with your requirements.
Load your documents and track your compliance:
- Log into American Data Bank or Complio with your e-mail and password.
- Provide all supporting documentation (certificates of
completion, copies of trainings and certifications,
forms, medical records, etc) to American DataBank.
You may upload the documents directly to your account, email them to immunization@americanDataBank.com or fax them to 303 630-1825.
- Click on the PDF logo in the top right hand corner to view your “clinical passport” and identify any missing items that are required before you start classes.