Graduate Medical Education is one of the central missions of Oregon Health & Science University Learn More
- 04/13/2018 Dr. Nathan Selden leads neurosurgery Milestones effort for graduate medical education
- 04/11/2018 Mark O. Hatfield Lecture with Dr. Freeman Hrabowski
- 03/20/2018 Where there’s a will to be inclusive, there’s a way
- 03/06/2018 International exposure for residents in clinical rotation
- 02/27/2018 Making the change you want to see
- 02/14/2018 State of the School 2018
- 02/06/2018 Interview with Esther Choo: "You can advocate as a 'regular person' doctor"
- 02/05/2018 Dr. Sima Desai chair-elect of national ACGME review committee
- View all news
The Power of Difference
As the demographics of our state and country evolve, we as an institution pledge to mold a workforce that mirrors the cultural milieu.
At Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) School of Medicine, we aim to recruit, retain, and develop diverse resident physicians of the highest caliber. We believe that in order to deliver great health care, we must train culturally-competent physicians from diverse backgrounds - including members of racial and ethnic groups that are historically under-represented in medicine, individuals raised in rural environments, and people who have overcome significant social and financial disadvantages.
By weaving together a team of health care professionals
that has a varied set of perspectives, values and experiences, we will create a
welcoming environment that is inclusive and that fosters growth and innovation.
We believe in the power of difference to fulfill our academic missions!
Resident Faculty Wellness Center
OHSU offers confidential counseling specifically for residents, fellows and faculty. Contact the Resident Faculty Wellness Center (RFWP): 503 494-1208.