23rd Annual Internal Medicine Review
April 21-22, 2016
The Sentinel Hotel, Portland, OR
Click here for information about this location.
2016 marks the 23rd Annual Internal Medicine Review, addressing new developments and topical issues in internal medicine for internists and others practicing primary care medicine. Featuring expert faculty from OHSU, plenary sessions will address updates in high blood pressure, cancer screening, diabetes therapy, and dermatology.
Concurrent sessions are more interactive and allow ample time for discussion with faculty. Topics include depression, transgender adults, migraines and infectious disease in 2016.
At the conclusion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Recognize the particular risks of polypharmacy in the elderly and be comfortable applying deprescribing algorithms
- Distinguish which new anticoagulants are appropriate for which type of patient
- Identify how to treat skin problems that don’t necessarily need a referral to a specialist
- Contrast the recommendations of JNC8 and the SPRINT trial as they relate to hypertension
- Diagnose and treat patients with Adult ADHD in the primary care setting
The tuition is $350 and includes lunch both days and all course materials. To help meet administrative costs, a $35.00 service charge will be assessed on all refund requests received by April 11, 2016; no refunds can be issued after that date. Early registration is encouraged as enrollment may be limited. Should conditions warrant, the sponsors reserve the right to cancel this program with a full tuition refund.