Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OHSU School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatry residents and fellows, medical students, social workers, masters in administration, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and pharmacists. Additionally, Psychiatry Grand Rounds is open to the public.
Typically held the 1st, 3rd & 4th Tuesdays of each month
Noon to 1pm, 8B60, 8th Floor, OHSU Hospital (unless otherwise noted)
Psychiatry Grand Rounds provides free continuing medical education for the public. We strive to enable discussion that is both about and involves the patient so the physician can better understand the depth of one's mental illness. In Grand Rounds, we explore the history of certain policies and procedures in place for handling mentally ill patients and what can happen to improve care and treatment that they receive, as well as to better explain and expand on various forms of mental illness and how treatment should be approached and practiced by the clinician.
Accessing Psychiatry Grand Rounds Remotely
Our lectures are accessible to be viewed remotely, simply connect using this link: https://echo360.org/section/239826d6-781a-4cbd-aea6-af8a754d03be/public to be connected. To receive CME credit, you must watch the lecture live during the time of the presentation. After you watch the Grand Rounds, you can submit your attendance by filling out an evaluation survey by the end of the week, the link to which is given in the announcement emails. You can sign up for the announcements by scrolling to the bottom of this page and filling out your information. If you have any questions please contact the Grand Rounds Coordinator, Micaela Sandoval at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-494-4818.
Grand Rounds Schedule
Please Note: The December 19th Grand Rounds will be hosted in the OHSU Auditorium (Old Library Building) due to upgrades in UHS 8B60!
December 19, 2017
Curbside Child Psychiatry Phone Consultation: Child Psychiatric ECHO Project and Oregon Psychiatric Assistance Line for Kids
Keith Cheng, MD - Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Medical Director for OPAL-K, OHSU
Ajit Jetmalani,MD - Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, OHSU
- Describe the history of Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) created by Sanjeev Arora, M.D. as well as the four pillars of the Project ECHO.
- Discuss how Project ECHO model was implemented in Child Psychiatry ECHO Clinic and its outcome in teaching primary care providers.
- Describe how medical providers can utilize the services of OPAL –K to receive curbside child psychiatry consultation over the phone.
January 23, 2018
- Describe relationship between catatonia and non psychiatric disorders.
- Discuss diagnostic thresholds of traditional tools for catatonia.
- Discuss work up in context.
- Describe current evidence for traditional treatment and premises of the need of alternative treatments.
- Review alternative treatment agents.
- Propose modified algorithm and future directions.
Grand Rounds Notification
We send out notifications a few days in advance of Grand Rounds. If you would like to receive these notifications, please fill out the form below.