Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OHSU School of Medicine, Division of CME, designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ per session. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatry residents and fellows, medical students, social workers, masters in administration, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and pharmacists. Additionally, Psychiatry Grand Rounds is open to the public.
Typically held the 1st, 3rd & 4th Tuesdays of each month
Noon to 1pm, 8B60, 8th Floor, OHSU Hospital (unless otherwise noted)
Psychiatry Grand Rounds provides continuing medical education for the target audience. We strive to enable discussion that is both about and involves the patient so the physician can better understand the depth of one's mental illness. In Grand Rounds, we explore the history of certain policies and procedures in place for handling mentally ill patients and what can happen to improve care and treatment that they receive, as well as to better explain and expand on various forms of mental illness and how treatment should be approached and practiced by the clinician.
Grand Rounds Schedule
November 24, 2015
Grand Rounds will be canceled the week of Thanksgiving.
December 1, 2015
Cognitive and Emotional Heterogeneity in ADHD: Mechanisms and Clinical Relevance
Sarah Karalunas, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, OHSU
- Identify at least 3 important dimensions of heterogeneity to consider in assessment of children with ADHD;
- Describe recent research characterizing the specific cognitive and emotional response profiles observed in children with ADHD;
- Discuss how cognitive and emotional profiles are related to prospective clinical outcomes.
December 15, 2015
Unity Center for Behavioral Health: A New Model for Behavioral Health Acute Care in Portland
Chris Farentinos, M.D., MPH, Director Behavioral Health Services- Legacy Health
- Describe the current Psychiatric Emergency Service Models;
- Describe the "Alameda Model" study- A Regional Approach to Addressing ED Psychiatric Boarding;
- Describe the Unity Center for Behavioral Health model, including the planning and implementation of the collaborative effort between Legacy Health, OHSU, Kaiser and Adventist.
December 22, 2015
Grand Rounds will not be held on December 22. It will resume on January 5, 2016.
Grand Rounds Notification
We send out notifications a few days in advance of Grand Rounds. If you would like to receive these notifications, please fill out the form below.