Ob-Gyn Grand Rounds
Residents, Medical Students, Nurses, Medical Assistants and women's health professionals are encouraged to attend.
The objective of our program is to enhance knowledge for healthcare providers in the field of obstetrics and gynecology.
Talks are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
OB-GYN GRAND ROUNDS LECTURES
JULY & AUGUST 2015 - No Grand Rounds
SEPTEMBER 4, 2015 - No Grand Rounds (Labor Day weekend)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2015
Aaron B. Caughey, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, OHSU
SEPTEMBER 18, 2015
Jeffrey T. Jensen, M.D., M.P.H., Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Director, Women's Health Research Unit. Vice-Chair for Research in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Affiliate Scientist, Oregon National Primate Research Center. OHSU
OPERM. Nonsurgical permanent contraception research
- Discuss the prevalence of permanent female contraception.
- Compare animal models used in reproductive studies.
- Describe emerging strategies for nonsurgical tubal occlusion.
SEPTEMBER 25, 2015 - Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds - NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
OCTOBER 2, 2015 - To be announced.
OCTOBER 9, 2015
Berklee Robins, M.D., Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, OHSU
OCTOBER 16, 2015
Amy Cantor, M.D., Assistant Professor, Division of Primary Care at the Center for Women's Health, OHSU
OCTOBER 23, 2015 - Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds - NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
OCTOBER 30, 2015
Amer Karam, M.D., Associate Clinical Professor, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center. Speaker, Bright Pink®
Breast and Ovarian Cancer Prevention: Risk Stratification and Management in Young Women
- Discuss breast and ovarian cancer risk with their young, female patients and feel a sense of urgency to initiate these conversations.
- Identify which patients are at increased risk for developing breast or ovarian cancer and refer them for genetic counseling and testing as needed.
- Ensure high-risk young women understand their options for prevention and early detection.
- Encourage all young, female patients to practice healthy lifestyle habits, regardless of their risk level, in an effort to reduce their likelihood for developing breast and ovarian cancer.
- Help young women develop strategies to be proactive advocates for their health.
NOVEMBER 6, 2015 - No Grand Rounds - Annual Northwest Update in OB/GYN & Women's Health
NOVEMBER 13, 2015 - To be announced.
NOVEMBER 20, 2015 - Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds - NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
NOVEMBER 27, 2015 - No Grand Rounds (day after Thanksgiving Day holiday)
DECEMBER 4, 2015
Paula Amato, M.D., Associate Professor, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Department of OB/GYN, OHSU
G. Michael Silberbach, M.D., Professor, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, OHSU
Katie A. Woods, M.D., Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, OHSU
DECEMBER 11, 2015
Robert McLafferty, M.D., Professor, Department of Surgery, OHSU
DECEMBER 18, 2015 - Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds - NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
DECEMBER 25, 2015 - No Grand Rounds
JANUARY 1, 2016 - No Grand Rounds
JANUARY 8, 2016 - To be announced.
JANUARY 15, 2016 - No Grand Rounds (departmental meeting)
JANUARY 22, 2016 - No Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds (CREOG Exams)
JANUARY 29, 2016 - No Grand Rounds (departmental Annual Research Symposium)
Recordings of past events
As of September 2011, some OB-GYN Grand Rounds may be available online following the lecture. No CME credit is available for viewing lectures online. See recordings of past OBGYN Grand Rounds.