Ob-Gyn Grand Rounds
Residents, Medical Students, Nurses, Medical Assistants and women's health professionals are encouraged to attend.
The objective of our program is to enhance knowledge for healthcare providers in the field of obstetrics and gynecology.
Talks are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
OB-GYN GRAND ROUNDS LECTURES
JULY & AUGUST 2016 - NO GRAND ROUNDS
SEPTEMBER 2 2016 - No Grand Rounds (Labor Day weekend)
SEPTEMBER 9, 2016Aaron B. Caughey, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, OHSU
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology: An Update on Team OB/GYN
- Summarize the Clinical achievements over the past year.
- Summarize the Educational achievements over the past year.
- Summarize the Research achievements over the past year.
SEPTEMBER 16, 2016Thomas G. DeLoughery, M.D., M.A.C.P., F.A.W.M., Professor of Medicine, Pathology and Pediatrics in the Divisions of Hematology/Oncology and Laboratory Medicine, OHSU
Update in DVT/PE
- Learn when to use therapies such as thrombolysis and IVC filters in the treatment of venous thrombosis.
- Learn how to determine length of therapy for venous thrombosis.
- Learn when - and when not- to use the new anticoagulants.
SEPTEMBER 23, 2016- Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds- OPEN TO THE PUBLICJamie B. Warren, M.D., MPH, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, OHSU
Delayed Cord Clamping: An Update on the Evidence and Description of an Upcoming Clinical Trial at OHSU
- Describe the most current evidence and outcomes for delayed cord clamping in term and preterm infants.
- Understand the current direction of research on the topic of enhanced placental transfusion for neonates.
- Understand the role of the obstetric provider in VentFirst, the upcoming multicenter clinical trial that tests the initiation of ventilation during delayed cord clamping for extremely preterm neonates.
SEPTEMBER 30, 2016Amanda Sadecky, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of OB/GYN, OHSU
Ureteral Injuries in Gynecologic Surgery: Avoidance, Recognition, and Repair
- Understand the anatomy of the ureter within the pelvis, particularly with relationship to the gynecologic organs.
- Discuss several strategies to reduce the risk of ureteral injury.
- Evaluate various diagnostic techniques for detection of ureteral injury.
OCTOBER 7, 2016
Amy Valent, D.O., Assistant Professor, Department of OB/GYN, Division of Perinatology, OHSU
The Crystal Ball to Future Disease: Diabetes Mellitus in Pregnancy and Introducing OHSU DAPP Guidelines
- Understand the impact of metabolic dysfunction in pregnancy for the future health of pregnant mothers, their babies, and the family unit.
- Recognize your role in making a difference in promoting health and nutrition.
- Acknowledge a useful resource/tool for providers caring for pregnant women.
OCTOBER 14, 2016Karen Adams, M.D., Professor, Department of OB/GYN, OHSU
Amy Stenson, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of OB/GYN, OHSU
Residency Education 2016-2017
- Summarize areas identified for improvement in the residency training program in the 2016 Annual Program Review.
- Explain the Milestone framework and its importance to resident feedback and evaluation.
- Understand and begin using MyTipReport to provide timely feedback on surgical performance and milestones.
OCTOBER 21, 2016
Thomas DeLoughery, M.D., M.A.C.P., F.A.W.M., Professor,
What are common symptoms of iron deficiency?
- What is the best way to diagnose iron deficiency?
- What are the best options for iron replacement?
OCTOBER 28, 2016- Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds- OPEN TO THE PUBLIC Understand the evolution of management of neonates born to mothers with chorioamnionitis at OHSU.
- Develop a framework for initiating a quality improvement project.
- Describe the impacts of the standard of care practice change surrounding the care of neonates born to mothers with chorioamnionitis.
November 4, 2016- No Grand Rounds November 11, 2016 Describe the medical consequences including increased mortality rates in untreated women following surgical menopause.
- Describe effects of estrogen therapy in controlling symptoms, reducing disease risk, and reducing mortality.
- Describe the issues involved in resistance to estrogen therapy among women and healthcare providers.
November 18, 2016- Multidisciplinary Case Grand Rounds November 25, 2016- No Grand Rounds (Thanksgiving Holiday) December 2, 2016 December 9, 2016
Recordings of past events
As of September 2011, some OB-GYN Grand Rounds may be available online following the lecture. No CME credit is available for viewing lectures online. See recordings of past OBGYN Grand Rounds.