How to Apply
Submit your completed application through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS)
- Personal Statement: Discuss why you have chosen Family edicine and OHSU is a good fit for you and your career goals,
- Three Letters of Recommendation: One should be from a family medicine or primary care physician,
- USMLE or COMLEX scores,
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable.
You must also register for the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
The OHSU Joint Family Medicine and Preventive Medicine Residency Program will not conduct separate interviews this year. Candidates matching to the OHSU Family Medicine Residency Program with a strong interest in Preventive Medicine will have an opportunity to focus their four-year education on Preventive Medicine. Additionally, some residents may have the opportunity to enter the Joint Family Medicine and Preventive Medicine Residency at the end of intern year.
- Deadline for all application materials is November 1, 2014.
- Candidates must pass USMLE or COMLEX Step 2 prior to July 1 of intern year.
- Candidates who completed medical training before July 1, 2012, must have recent, hands-on, US clinical experience or equivalent experience.
- All candidates must be eligible for employment at OHSU at the time of hire.
- All candidates must qualify for a limited medical license through the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners.
- Candidates graduating from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada must have a complete, valid ECFMG certificate at time of application.
- Only ERAS Applications will be accepted.
- All candidates will be selected through the NRMP match.
- We have no minimum score requirements for the USMLE or COMLEX exams, passing on the first attempt is preferred.
- Observerships and research experience will not be considered for clinical experience requirements.
- J1 and H1B visas will be sponsored.
OHSU values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. OHSU provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization.
Inquiries/correspondence regarding any of our programs:
Family Medicine Residency Program Coordinator
|Family Medicine at OHSU
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, OR 97239-3098