BEHN and Research Week
05/15/12 Portland, Ore.
We would like to thank Behavioral Neuroscience faculty, staff, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows for their participation in OHSU's inaugural Research Week.
Behavioral Neuroscience took home several awards. Please join us in congratulating the following:
- Taciana Costa Dias / Research Rank Award / "Functional connectivity patterns of the reward system inform distinct communities in youth with and without ADHD".
- Yosef Berlow / Poster Presentation Award / "Increased striatal iron accumulation in methamphetamine users".
- Alexandre Colville / Poster Presentation Award / "c-Fos induction associated with ethanol withdrawal in chromosome 1 congenic and GIRK3 knockout mice".
- Anita Cservenka / Poster Presentation Award / "Gender differences in the neural substrates of emotional conflict during adolescence".
- Lauren Kruse / Poster Presentation Award / "MPDZ knockout and Bacterial Artificial Chromosome (BAC) transgenic overexpression models".
- Melanie Pina / Poster Presentation Award / "Systemic blockade of dopamine D1 but not D2 receptors impairs the development of ethanol-conditioned place preference".
- Antony Abraham / Oral Presentation Award / "SKF 81297, a dopamine D1 receptor agonist, enhances extinction of contextual fear".
- William Giardino / Oral Presentation Award / "Selective involvement of the neuropeptide urocortin-1 in long-term alcohol consumption in mice".
- Josh Kaplan / Oral Presentation Award / "Cellular mechanisms underlying the alcohol-induced increase in GABAA inhibition of cerebellar granule cells in low alcohol preferring DBA/2J mice and suppression of GABAA inhibition in high alcohol preferring C57BL/6J mice".
And a very special thank you goes to Allison Anacker for her hard work as a member of the Research Week Steering Committee. Fabulous job Allison!
Full list of OHSU Research Week award recipients (internal OHSU link)